SIGforum
Forum members that just don't listen

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6070053274

July 14, 2020, 12:33 PM
rainman64
Forum members that just don't listen
I have been an admin on a Ducati owners forum since 2004.
There are two of us that started the place back then.

I had a member today hawk his own Vlog and youtube channel.
That's a forum no-no.
So I nicely deleted it and said it was not "motorcycle related".

The idiot started another thread called Deleted due to not being Motorcycle Related..

And inside said this-
I don't want to be a whiney bit$h, but that's a pretty silly excuse to delete a motorcycle video...being "not motorcycle related", and being in the Chit Chat section...

Let's try that again and hopefully find a moderator with more common sense...

*face palm*

My response:

In case you didn't notice, I am not a moderator, I am one of the lovely admins.
Actually I am the asshole admin here.
You are now in deep crap buddy.
Hock your youtube channel elsewhere.

I was trying to be nice by just saying "not motorcycle related" that really we don't condone pushing youtube channels and Vlogs.

But you see, I have this thing called a ban hammer.
Leave it or find out.
30 day moderated status.

Jeez, I try to be nice....

Much like Para, I run a tight ship and we have survived a lot since 2003.
But there are days....

July 14, 2020, 12:37 PM
kz1000

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
July 14, 2020, 04:43 PM
LS1 GTO
What did the OP say/write???

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

July 14, 2020, 05:15 PM
HRK
now I've heard everything, who'd have thought there was a web board for people with ducks...

July 14, 2020, 05:40 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
now I've heard everything, who'd have thought there was a web board for people with ducks...

http://poultrykeeperforum.com

July 14, 2020, 09:18 PM
Prefontaine
This younger generation all think they are going to be a famous You-boob channel, instacrap influencer, etc. What’s your job son? “Social media”. It’s pathetic. Just get on the internet and blab about your whole life and tie to your actual self and remove any privacy you have. Sounds like a plan bud.

Interesting your forum is active. The R1 forum has been dead for years, all of the traffic went to Fakebook.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
July 15, 2020, 10:10 AM
Ronin1069
LOL

I’m a longtime Mod on a Military forum and am often shocked at the depth some go to “not know”.

We are adding additional detail to a request form that would not be needed if members would just read the FAQ section prior to submitting their request...sadly I’ve learned not to give most people enough credit to think they might bother to educate themselves “before” attempting to modify or change something.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
July 15, 2020, 10:36 AM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

http://poultrykeeperforum.com

Well quack my ass and call me daffy....
July 15, 2020, 01:09 PM
Johnny 3eagles
I'm glad there are no forum members like that here.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
July 15, 2020, 01:24 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 15, 2020, 04:27 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Big Grin

They are quickly jerked back to the “real world” one way or another Big Grin...thank you Para and the Moderators Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
July 15, 2020, 04:28 PM
RHINOWSO

July 16, 2020, 02:43 AM
DaBigBR
I did the moderator thing many years ago on a cell phone forum. I don't know that I would ever do it again. You're an asshole if you keep it clean and you're incompetent if you don't. Lots of petty complaints and fights. We had a portion of the membership attempt to "unionize" after a moderator changed a user's post into something embarrassing (an all caps message that said something like "LOOK AT ME! I CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND STOP OFFENDING OTHER MEMBERS!") after, imagine this, the guy kept going out of his way to be a jerk.

It was an interesting thing to be a part of, though.
July 16, 2020, 05:25 AM
Blume9mm
having been put on "double secret probation" more than once on a forum (including this one) I can see both sides of it...

just to tell a story... first time was on another gun forum where a guy was trying to figure out how to get his recently deceased fathers gun collection from California to Arizona.... after a few pages of folks 'internet lawyering' I posted what I thought he should do...one day road trip... BAM!

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
July 17, 2020, 01:42 PM
sjtill
Calguns.net has a good policy. If you go to the legal discussions forum, they tell you “If you think you have a legal problem, DO NOT TELL US, here’s a list of lawyers who deal with gun issues.

July 28, 2020, 03:10 PM
Rey HRH
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
This younger generation all think they are going to be a famous You-boob channel, instacrap influencer, etc. What’s your job son? “Social media”. It’s pathetic. Just get on the internet and blab about your whole life and tie to your actual self and remove any privacy you have. Sounds like a plan bud.

Interesting your forum is active. The R1 forum has been dead for years, all of the traffic went to Fakebook.

Nothing to sniff at. There’s this guy just turned 30. Started a YouTube channel 3 years ago in conjunction with him being a real estate agent since 2008 straight from high school. He increased his net worth via his real estate investments but now he makes 80% of his income from YouTube to the tune of at least $250,000 a month.

He interviewed a girl on Twitch, a platform where you stream yourself playing games and people can donate. Between donations, brand sponsorships, and product reviews/endorsements, she has to hire 12 people to manage her enterprise.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
July 28, 2020, 06:04 PM
Prefontaine
For everyone of them there is 10k, or 100k that don’t go anywhere. And I was in the music business. People change what they watch or listen to like the wind blows. Make bank one year, DOA the next. Call me old school, I believe in education, and a real career. You boob could change their policies, or their monetization (they’ve done this many times) and you are done.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone