SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Idiots that can’t follow traffic rules and signs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiots that can’t follow traffic rules and signs Login/Join 
posted
We have a very busy exit ramp off the freeway where I have to get off everyday at to go home. The ground is marked and the light is clearly marked middle lane and right lane are right hand turn only lanes, and the left lane is marked left hand turn only. EVERY day there’s some Jackass sitting in the middle lane waiting to turn left so traffic backs up because probably 1/20 people at this intersection turn left while everybody else is turning right... hate people that can’t read a picture of how each lane is supposed to act at this intersection

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
We have a very busy exit ramp off the freeway where I have to get off everyday at to go home. The ground is marked and the light is clearly marked middle lane and right lane are right hand turn only lanes, and the left lane is marked left hand turn only. EVERY day there’s some Jackass sitting in the middle lane waiting to turn left so traffic backs up because probably 1/20 people at this intersection turn left while everybody else is turning right... hate people that can’t read a picture of how each lane is supposed to act at this intersection

90% of the drivers in AZ believe the traffic code is only a suggestion. Worst drivers in the country move here...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate Utah drivers that cut into your lane, when making a left turn. We've almost been hit numerous times, waiting to turn right in our lane. Invariably, they glare at us for having the audacity to be in our lane!

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Maybe those auto driving vehicles are necessary...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
What you do not appreciate is this:

Driving is a whole lot harder than you think it is. You are surrounded with people who narrowly avoided drowning in their showers that very morning. They have no idea there are directions on the heels of their boots. You, my friend, have been uniquely gifted.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Maybe those auto driving vehicles are necessary...

I can't wait for autonomous vehicles. No more drivers texting, drunk, shaving, playing with the stereo, or reading the paper.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
What you do not appreciate is this:

Driving is a whole lot harder than you think it is. You are surrounded with people who narrowly avoided drowning in their showers that very morning. They have no idea there are directions on the heels of their boots. You, my friend, have been uniquely gifted.

True... your drivers license test should include more than “can you stay in between the lines?” It would be great if they had a basic vehicle IQ test (do you know the difference between a title and registration? Do you know what comprehensive insurance is? How do you check your oil?) , and a direction test (can you show me which direction is north?”

I work with “professional” drivers that have no idea which direction is which and how addresses work... the only way they are able to find their way around is if they have an address to type into their gps.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan11:
I can't wait for autonomous vehicles. No more drivers texting, drunk, shaving, playing with the stereo, or reading the paper.

Yeah I prefer that others make decisions for me as well, it's easier.... I know that many will take comfort in knowing that some Android based application communicating with a GPS satellite programmed in Mumbai with customer service in India will make the best decisions for my life! Big Grin

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to growth and recent development, a major interchange my office was changed to a cfi (continuous flow) type.... the sheeople’s minds were blown. So much so, that the following year, another lane was added because people couldn’t grasp the concept of no turn on red. There was a green arrow and a signal just for that lane....aaargg. Then, after the addition of a the extra lane, with no merging for another 200yds, with two curbs and no intersection, people just stop in the middle of the turn.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Could be worse.

I was traveling through Athens, Georgia a while back. The dumb shits made a traffic circle for an intersection and still have stop signs on it. Confused

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SFCUSARET
posted Hide Post
Seems to be the norm down here in Phoenix metro area. Every day going to work and coming home I witness drivers making left hand turns from the right lane and right turns from the left. Not to mention granny or pappy stopping mid straight away to do a U turn or doing 35 mph in the fast lane that should be going 65 or 70.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Going by the title, I automatically thought Florida.

I think we need to have German licensing standards. Driving has turned from a privilege into a right. Shitty drivers, shitty cars on the road that shouldn't be on the road. What could possibly go wrong?

quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I was traveling through Athens, Georgia a while back. The dumb shits made a traffic circle for an intersection and still have stop signs on it. Confused

Kind of defeats the purpose of the traffic circle if the local geniuses didn't know that already. LOL.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I think we need to have German licensing standards. Driving has turned from a privilege into a right. Shitty drivers, shitty cars on the road that shouldn't be on the road. What could possibly go wrong?

quote:

Kind of defeats the purpose of the traffic circle if the local geniuses didn't know that already. LOL.

I followed a lady into a traffic circle who promptly stopped to let someone else into it in front of her.

I like to drive, but people like that make me want to strap a ton of drones to my ass and just float above them.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
On the way home yesterday I nearly got T Boned (would’ve been hit if I hadn’t been watching him and slammed on the brakes) and rear ended (was fiddling around with her phone and I noticed because she was incapable of maintaining constant speed or staying in her lane). I started tapping the brakes about a mile away from my turn to get her attention or I was prepared to take a longer route to keep from being nailed.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

quote:

I agree. I don’t know exactly what the German standards are, but I had a buddy that did a foreign exchange thing in Germany in high school and I seem to remember him telling me how difficult and time consuming it was for them to get a license, which I think is a good thing.

Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Let me guess. Ironwood exit EB from U.S 60?

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We have a roundabout here, for the most part people have acclimated even if it is in a rural town where wild chickens used to walk through the Popeyes parking lot...

Still there are those that think 4 way, others that believe whatever road they are on is the primary access road and don't slow or stop (if a car is in the circle) before entering the roundabout. Still it's better than the 5 way stop that would be there or multi light 4 minute per red stop intersection.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:

I agree. I don’t know exactly what the German standards are, but I had a buddy that did a foreign exchange thing in Germany in high school and I seem to remember him telling me how difficult and time consuming it was for them to get a license, which I think is a good thing.

First of all, you HAVE TO GO TO DRIVING SCHOOL. No if's, and's or but's about it.

Then after that, the testing is very stringent.

Then after all that, if your car doesn't pass the TUV car inspection process (more stringent than any state in the entire USA, half or more of our cars would not pass it) you ain't driving.

They take driving VERY seriously over there and you never see junky cars on the road because it's just simply not permitted.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have two 4 way stops signs to get out of my neighborhood. About half the morons think it’s only 1 car at a time when everybody is going straight.

EDIT: Adding my other frustration with neighborhood driving. The entrance to our neighborhood is at a freeway. Since it is Texas there is a parallel access road that is 45 mph that you drive on before entering the freeway. My truck doesn't even get over 2500 rpm to merge at the speed of traffic, but I estimate less than 50% of the people can manage to merge onto the freeway at the speed of traffic. A couple weeks ago, I followed a porsche panamera onto the freeway and the dickhead entered at 45 mph despite having somewhere between 400 and 550 horsepower.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Wondering how many drivers on the road today could pass the test for a class A CDL. Should all of them?

Too much to ask for when some don't have a license to begin with. Somebody may be offended by such a thing.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post