SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stuff showing up broken on delivery! (Romeo 1)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stuff showing up broken on delivery! (Romeo 1) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
X-Carry in possession. Put 200 rnds through it on Friday. Ordered a romeo 1 off Amazon cause well I have Prime. Why not?! It's super fast.

Well I'll tell you why F-ing not cause it showed up with a crack in the glass.

A) how robust is this $300 optic that got tossed around in the mail some and broke?!

B) Someone punch the fucker that tossed it around right in the taint for me.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A) how robust is this $300 optic that got tossed around in the mail some and broke?!

Maybe they sent it broken. Who knows. They will make it right.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Good luck trying to find someone who speaks American English to help you. I went round and round on the last problem I had with Amazon. Prime is great when it works.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's frail, but Romeo 1 is such a badass name.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Yeah but according to a thread in the pistol section the Romeo MRDS is just as durable and proven as a Trijicon RMR.

Was it sold and shipped by Amazon? I had an issue with an RMR I bought on Amazon. The sight worked fine but looked used. The battery was opened and dead and the screws had been installed on something. It wasn’t sold by Amazon only shipped. I did speak to Amazon CS that was likely in India but they were great. They credited back the payment before I even sent back the used RMR so I could order another one right away as there was only one left. The new one was perfect and has been.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Maybe they sent it broken. Who knows. They will make it right.

Amazon already issued a return label to credit my account. Was sold by a vendor "Splash Outdoors" that has %100 and 97 ratings. So I'm sure everything will work out. Box was sealed and so was the optic. So no one would have known. Could have gotten busted anywhere along the way. Just annoyed when things show up broken.

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I would be worried about the durability of said optic if being tossed around in a box breaks it

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I would be worried about the durability of said optic if being tossed around in a box breaks it

Probably made in China. Stacked deep. Shipped to Sig. Who then shipped to distributor. Who then shipped to me. Who knows what was smashed on top of it when. But yea.. I thought the same.