SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate my current life
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate my current life Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Let me say that 38 sort of sucked for me. Found myself clinically depressed and very unhappy. I actually got on my knees and prayed, just asking WTF was wrong. No lights from the sky but I slowly "realized" that nothing external was going to help, it was all internal, me. I started serving others, and stopped worrying about myself, that was a huge difference in my life.

You make the change. Every issue you have, you can resolve. It was hard as fuck for me, but nothing good is ever easy.

I would say Good Luck, but luck has nothing to do with it, its just hard work, but worth it.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
I'm 35 as well. My suggestion would be to find a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school and just go. You will meet some good people who have a zest to them and love to teach. There is a great community aspect to jiu jitsu. The workout you get is intense and
you will learn practical skills. There is nothing boring about it. I promise it will reboot your testosterone.

This in spades!! I've been training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for seven years and I've lost 36 pounds and chase my wife around the house, lol.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do something for someone else. You will feel better about yourself and your life. Volunteer or randomly help a stranger or neighbor.

I was in a bad place once. All it took was going to a group meeting my boss arranged. I realized I had it pretty good. Never looked back.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer:
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
I'm 35 as well. My suggestion would be to find a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu school and just go. You will meet some good people who have a zest to them and love to teach. There is a great community aspect to jiu jitsu. The workout you get is intense and
you will learn practical skills. There is nothing boring about it. I promise it will reboot your testosterone.

This in spades!! I've been training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for seven years and I've lost 36 pounds and chase my wife around the house, lol.

I started Judo at 35 years old, have been involved for almost 30 years now. It was a game changer in my life.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post