SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    YouTubers...here's a hint:
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

YouTubers...here's a hint: Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
If you're doing a woodworking project that involves multiple iterations of the same step (say, making a dozen drawers for an apothecary cabinet) YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOW EVERY FUCKING CUT! Once, maybe twice is sufficient.

If I'm confused or enough of an imbecile to find cutting the same dado a dozen times fascinating, I can always rewind.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you've got to stretch that 5 minute video out to 30 minutes don't you Scooter?

Oh, and while we're at it, your taste in music sucks.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I agree. If you've done any woodworking at all then you probably know how to measure and cut wood and don't need to be shown.

I don't like the videos that show the cutting and assembling of the components before they show what the end product will look like. I go to the end to see the final product, then rewind if I'm interested.

And yes, the music sucks.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This goes for any repetitive process, explanation, or discussion. Yes we know x gun has x feature. They reshaped the grip, i don't need a full run down on the history of every freaken model over the last 600 years.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems every product review for a gun related item requires the person to pull out their $200 knife and show them selves opening the UPS box.

I know how to cut a piece of tape. Get to the damn product already.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
YouTube Tip No. 1: GET TO THE FUCKING POINT YOU WINDY, OVERSTUFFED, BLOVIATING, SELF CENTERED, OVERBEARING ASS!!!!!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Some of the cooking vids are even worse. Showing how to bread ONE piece of chicken is quite enough.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
YouTube Tip No. 1: GET TO THE FUCKING POINT YOU WINDY, OVERSTUFFED, BLOVIATING, SELF CENTERED, OVERBEARING ASS!!!!!

Yeah, but how do you REALLY feel? Big Grin Razz

Seriously, that's exactly the point. I just watched a 13 minute video in under a minute and it turns out it was a stupid idea to start with.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the second time you say Basically , I am out, see ya.
and the first time I hear knowhatIamsayin, its over jim, its over

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
the second time you say Basically , I am out, see ya.
and the first time I hear knowhatIamsayin, its over jim, its over

So what cher sayin is like no stublin about, in a round about, long winded, ever so obtuse manner, that never reaches the point. Knowwhatiamsayin?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
...Oh, and while we're at it, your taste in music sucks.

Better? Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Better, but not as good as this!

Big Grin

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I love a GOOD You Tube channel. The problem is finding someone who can both produce something of interest AND edit a good video.

Some of the best videos have almost no speaking in my opinion.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Better, but not as good as this!

Big Grin

That guy is busier than a cat in a feedlot.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

Ok, you've kinda tap danced around the issue, so just to make sure I understand........ Big Grin

I hate the Gun Test videos that spend 30 minutes getting the gun out of the box, and showing the left and then the right side. Finally, in the last few seconds, they might actually rack the slide.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
A lot of them really need to learn how to edit out the dead air, ums, and repetitions.
Oh, and supress the urge to put a stupid music track on everything.

I've been watching a lot of vids on 3D printing recently as I've been trying to improve my skills.... some good ones out there, but almost all of them insist on including a long, boring time lapse of the actual printing process.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3659HC8EO0

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3659HC8EO0

There ya go. Comes in, does his thing, leaves.

And very well done too!

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I agree about getting to the point, etc.

I think it's great that I can go online and find a video that shows how to do whatever it is I'm thinking of doing, or tell me about some item or compare it to another.

For any particular issue, there are usually several different videos, and it doesn't take me long to scan them to find the most helpful one.

Sometimes, the least polished one is the most helpful, particularly car repair ones.

What I don't get is who has the time to make these videos.

Take Hickok45 for example. Are they making any worthwhile money from it?

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
What bothers me is after using the $200 knife/samurai sword/ battle hatchet to open the new box, then they have to open and show me an empty chamber. I get checking your weapon, but hey guess what- I don't give a shit if your guns empty, I'm looking a computer screen. YOU should care alot more than I do about the status of your gun. And hey, you'll get a shit-ton more hits if you accidentially shoot yourself on camera.

And do I have to sit through every Chatarunga on the all male yoga channel? Big Grin

I do appreciate the "fast forward" guys, so I don't have to sit through the other side of the cars brake job in real time.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
This goes for any repetitive process, explanation, or discussion. Yes we know x gun has x feature. They reshaped the grip, i don't need a full run down on the history of every freaken model over the last 600 years.

Or the ones showing wood turning, where they show the same tool, cutting shaving off the same piece of wood for 10 minutes. The only change is the size of the work piece.

I get enough of that watching my own wood turning.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post