SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fun at the Stealership!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun at the Stealership! Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

HRK, I understand where you are coming from but if you re read my post, I knew I had a leaky PS hose and have had two people look at it to confirm, the second time after detailing the engine bay so it was clear where the leak was coming from. In the dealers case they are telling me I need a rack, hoses and pump, basically a whole new steering system.

As far as the rest of it, I know some is based on mileage but there were certain things they said they "inspected", which if they did they would have seen they were new/recent.

I have no issues with a dealers service dept as long as they are honest. In this case the dealer used to be a really cool older guy and his service dept was top notch then he sold to Berkshire Hathaway after he realized his idiot son was incapable of running the place. It went from being a good neighborhood dealer to a this almost overnight.

I agree with you in premise, just saying regardless of cost at least they did point out the leaking rack so they did some form of inspection, doubtful that leaking hoses are on the mileage replacement schedule LOL

As to the other items, what I was trying to explain is CRM has entered the service departments of almost every dealer, especially the chains, the goal of course is better service but also higher income to the dealer.

These systems look at the car, age, service records, mileage, and add in suggestions to the service writer for the customer automatically on top of the "inspected" items.

So it's not just the service guy, most likely it's specific programs designed to maximize service revenue. And it works, from what I've heard there are facilities picking up 200 to 300 pct increase in sales.

While some folks just want the recall done and to be left alone, others appreciate the notice of oil change, brake pads, tires whatever, or other recalls and get them done right then, vs going to Joes Truck n Tow or the instant oil swap facilities.

FWIW dealers would fair better in service if they could find a way to fix the sales problems as they are perceived by customers. Most folks feel like they are getting taken to some extent when buying, it's not a comfortable exchange, so by extension, the whole car process is suspect.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

FWIW dealers would fair better in service if they could find a way to fix the sales problems as they are perceived by customers. Most folks feel like they are getting taken to some extent when buying, it's not a comfortable exchange, so by extension, the whole car process is suspect.

This X 100...I bought a Kia for my wife. the dealer was a client and it was a very straightforward no nonsense sale. We left happy with the car, the price and the service yet still had a feeling that deep in the dealership there were guys high fiving each other over how they screwed us!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
yet still had a feeling that deep in the dealership there were guys high fiving each other over how they screwed us!

Yeah my neighbor and I have had discussions over the years on that, he's mr negotiator, loves to haggle, always gets the best deal etc etc, same guy in the car business.

Took me a while to explain to him while most of us go in looking to get a cool new vehicle and enjoy it the games, negotiations, back and forth, hold the keys, all that results in an poor experience post sale for many.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
kinda sounds like a Firestone dealer,

WOW, that brought back a memory. About 25 years ago we moved from Denver to the North Houston area. I had the car serviced in Denver at a Firestone and they were great. Dropped off a car at Firestone in Spring Tx and they called with lots of problems including the immediate need to replace worn out shocks that were leaking badly.

I said thanks - car is less than 6 months old everything under warranty. I'll take it in for warranty work. Then they tried to say that the warranty would not cover shocks. Oh brother... needless to say we never went back.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:I was pretty much told that I would be dead within a day when my car blew up and went off the road at the same time and I should also have children, small pets and the elderly removed from my care

If this statement is really close to what they said, I'd contact both the BBB and the local consumer reporters - they will make short work of using deceptive practices. If your state has an agency that regulates repair shops, make sure they know about it as well. Nothing like getting a repair license fine, suspended, or revoked to change the way a business is run.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the service dept. would give honest evaluations, that would be fine. It's the lies that make people mad. As I told the dealer "you may be able to fool me, but it won't be easy". They wanted to replace the power steering pump. Nothing wrong with the pump.

Posts: 219 | Location: Loganville, Ga. | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
And what happened when you said "No, just perform the recall and don't do anything else"?

I was pretty much told that I would be dead within a day when my car blew up and went off the road at the same time and I should also have children, small pets and the elderly removed from my care

I'd point out the importance of the airbag in that case. Chop chop man I got a wreck to get to. Smile

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Why even go into those dirty rotten evil big corporate dealerships? Frown
I bet they even forced you to do the work too. Mad

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post