SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Christmas Decorations Up Earlier Each Year
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Decorations Up Earlier Each Year Login/Join 
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Weather was nice today so I agreed to put up the lights on the front of the house, with the understanding they could NOT be turned on until AFTER Thanksgiving.

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Why does what other people do bother you?

I like Christmas. I like the process of decorating for Christmas. I’m not decorating your house, I’m decorating mine.

No, I haven’t forgotten the meaning of Thanksgiving. No, I’m not a slave to consumerism. It just reminds me of happy times so in an effort to be happy I put my shit up already.

If you don’t like it, don’t put yours up and don’t come over to my house.

Problem solved.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Last Saturday the 14th, it was about 70° outside. It was beautiful. Every year I have ever hung up the Christmas lights it has been a cold, miserable experience.

So I took advantage of the great weather and hung the lights. I also turned them all on when the sun went down. It looks beautiful.

I didn’t do this because retail stores, tv commercials, or the Corinavirus. I did this because it’s my and my wife’s favorite holiday. The lights look beautiful.

Instead of being pissy because someone hung up their lights 46 days before Christmas, why not sit back and enjoy how pretty they look.

The tree went up on the 7th. It’s an artificial tree, but it looks quite beautiful.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Problem solved.

As is true of so many “problems” in life.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Saw people on Facebook showing their houses decorated before Haloween.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Agree with the OP, because it’s the marketing and bullshit of all of it. Christmas is about Christ. Not lights, not trinket gifts, a tree, etc. Go to church, help out someone in need. I have neighbors who have already lit the whole house up, put the tree in the window all lit up, and don’t even believe in God. It’s comical. I call it consumer product bonanza season. I think it’s silly, go to Church instead, keep Christ in your thoughts and help someone who really needs it instead of buying shit for yourself. I see the shit show go up early and all it tells me is that it’s hibernation season as it’s 6 weeks of pure hell out on the streets, getting groceries, getting anything normal done. It all becomes a massive chore because people lose their fucking minds.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holdem
posted Hide Post
I put my lights up last week. Two reasons; as others have said, this year it little bit of a shit show, and we can all use some extra cheer. And we are out of town until late on Sunday after Thanksgiving and we want to come home to a decorated house.

Posts: 2285 | Location: Orlando | Registered: April 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Putting all my decorations up 6-feet apart is a real PIA !!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
As others have said. There are folks in my state that leave lights up year round too.

People forget JESUS is the REASON for the season.

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post