SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bass Pro Red Head brand- not impressed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bass Pro Red Head brand- not impressed Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So before moving to Alaska, I was in the Cabela's Arizona store to pick up a few things for the trip up. At the front of the store they had a display of Red Head flannel shorts on sale. Cool, I was a Zonie and my wardrobe consisted of mostly cargo shorts and polo shirts so I bought 3 of them. They felt nice and soft and looked great.

After about 6 weeks of getting worn once a week and washed, they suck. Collars and pockets not holding shape, material feels like it's thinning and becoming rough to the touch. Really disappointed, Cabela's branded gear and clothing in the past has served me well. Red Head, not so much.

So thanks Bass Pro for taking Cabela's down to your level.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Yup, Cabelas branded stuff is quite good.....Bass Pro is really Walmarting the quality, too bad I normally shop there for casual stuff.

Guess I will go back to REI, there store brand stuff is still good and you can get it greatly discounted during their sales.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Red Head is the Bass Pro brand,
in clothing that means basically disposable after a season

Cabela's branded stuff is much much better quality, and lasts a lot longer,

both stores sell both labels now, and hopefully Cabela's branded stuff will not be phased out

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I go to LL Bean for flannel nowadays.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5147 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
Red Head is the Bass Pro brand,
in clothing that means basically disposable after a season

Cabela's branded stuff is much much better quality, and lasts a lot longer,

both stores sell both labels now, and hopefully Cabela's branded stuff will not be phased out

Here locally pretty much all Cabelas branded clothing is gone. Only line left seems to be the guide gear.

I took a chance with their Thanksgiving Sale and bought a set of waterproof boots for $30. Don’t use them enough to justify the $100+ for Muck or Bogs.
They seem decent for $30. Doubt I would pay the normal $60.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/e...rubber-boots-for-men

I tried them on in the store. The heel kick broke right off when I used it to try to pop off the boot. Guess I won’t be using that on the pair I bought.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had some redhead gear that's held up for years now to quite a bit of abuse. No complaints.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bass Pro Red Head brand- not impressed
FIFY

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
All that stuff is Chi-Com garbage. I buy nothing but Filson and Duluth now. Learned too many hard lessons with shit clothing.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I get what you're saying but let's remember, we're at this point because a private equity group became the majority owners of Cabelas. Those money grubbing scumbags were not happy with Cabelas profits or share price so they forced a sale. Let's be glad they were not purchased by Dick's Sporting Goods.

I've had hit or miss from with clothing from both Cabelas and Bass Pro. The good - they stand behind their stuff. Give them a call, you may get a refund or exchange.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Redhead clothing articles was about the only item "on Sale" at the Cabelas Black Friday event this year. They are also ABSOLUTE CRAP I would not even pay a nickle for. Basically the Black Friday sale this year was the LAMEST Black Friday sale at any retailer I have ever seen in my ENTIRE LIFE. BTW, I'm turning 64 in February so I have a bit of experience shopping for bargains on Black Friday.

In addition Cabelas is now selling primers in 100 piece trays, not a full 1000 count box. Crap like this is why I stopped shopping at Bass Pro Shop and it wont be long before I won't be shopping at Cabelas.

BTW, I was so P.O.'d after seeing that 100 count shit I actually called the Corporate Customer Service line and let them know what a SHITTY job they are doing. IMO Bass Pro is planning to put Cabelas out of business and take over the current locations and hanging a Bass Pro sign building.

BTW, I learned many years ago that if you want shirts that LAST get a Carharrt flannel. While the 50 dollar price tag seems a bit high when you buy one but after 7 years of use once a week you'll know it's a real bargain.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5643 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post