SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Noisy people in restaurants piss me off
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Noisy people in restaurants piss me off Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
Took the wife and two daughters out to dinner, the place was maybe half full.But at least 75% of the people in there were obnoxiously loud. I'm talking Texas Roadhouse on a busy night loud! I understand there will be noises from people talking, but why do they have to try to talk over everyone? When I got up it looked like more than half were women and there was a party of 10 or so women having a birthday party.
Rant over. Mad

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Texas Roadhouse (Davenport IA ) is always loud unless you're the first in when it opens. It doesn't matter if it's small groups at tables, it's always loud. Mrs. Sigmund and I go there together but prefer not to meet another couple, it's too noisy to add to the noise, er...chat.

A tip for any restaurant: Never sit for dinner in the bar area on a weekend or happy hour night, it will be LOUD.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will not eat in restaurants like that. Some chefs think loudness adds excitement.

I enjoy quiet initmate meals with quality food. TH has nothing I want.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here its Buffalo Wild Wings. Unbearable noise level. One visit was enough.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Here its Buffalo Wild Wings. Unbearable noise level. One visit was enough.

You should avoid them anyway as they post no CCW on their property here at least.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Female volume in restaurant groups is proportional to blood alcohol level:

0.08 BAC = 80 dB, 0.10 BAC = 100 dB and so on.

If the female is a blonde, then increase 10 dB per increment.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
When we first moved to Oahu, we found there was a restaurant within walking distance of our apartment that had famous Hawaiian musicians entertaining. Imagine our disappointment when their beautiful voices (it was Robert and Roland Cazamero) were drowned out by loud diners not interested in the music.
We did return once and stayed late, and got practically a private concert from them.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kinda like a Carnival Cruise....gotta judge the place by who they're trying to attract. If its a causal, 'dress like a slob and eat a platter of cheap crap' kind of place, you're gonna get that kind of clientele. Unfortunately, there's a lot of them out there with an equal number of people with zero situational awareness.

With the restaurant/food service industry getting shafted by COVID and .gov mandates, restaurants are going to be desperate for customers and aren't going to refuse anybody. Drunk, obnoxious and unruly they can ask to leave but, a birthday party with a bunch of loud hens, they'll accept every time.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
birthday party with a bunch of loud hens
Our waitress cracked up when I indicted a table like that, and told her (the waitress) that I'd like a dozen since they were freshly laid.

I have learned to avoid the vicinity of a bunch of tables that have been pushed together to make one long table.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a bad experience at the local Red Robin a while ago. Crowded, noisy, meh food and this was back when all the pubescent kids had sneakers with roller skate wheels in the soles. Two of the little darlings were tearing around the dining room like it was roller derby time with nary a peep from the parents or restaurant staff. Never been back and never will.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those women always get seated near me it seems. My sweet wife has even said loudly "are you kidding me" which tends to work.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Used to embarrass the ex wife when I would go off, loudly, at parents for not controlling their crotch goblins in restaraunts. I’m sure I’d be worse now!

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Screaming little kids in a restaurant piss me off more.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I think it really can depend on the type of restaurant you choose- you can also ask to be reseated (and I have).
I avoid TR type restaurants whenever I can, and yes, I saw OP just compared noise levels, maybe wasn’t actually at a TR.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had a bad experience at the local Red Robin a while ago. Crowded, noisy, meh food and this was back when all the pubescent kids had sneakers with roller skate wheels in the soles.

"Heelies," I think they were called. Pissed me off no end. Every time one of those little punks "heeled" by me I had an urge to stick my foot out in the aisle. Thankfully it was a short-lived fad.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Another reason I don’t dine out anymore at restaurants. People have lost all spatial awareness, timeliness, etc. It’s total narcissism in our society now. Throw in the phones, and it’s gas on a fire. The only place I’ll hit is Benihana or a Sushi place for a special occasion. People at restaurants, theaters, just no more common courtesy in society any longer. Bunch of mindless fucking drones hooked on marketing, phones, and social media apps.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Prefontaine,

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
I'm talking Texas Roadhouse on a busy night loud!

Were you at Texas Roadhouse or the place reminded you of Texas Roadhouse?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6252 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Some of the above mentioned(most) are youngish people, drinking, college+ age establishments. Kinda like the spring break troubles in FL now, expect noise & excitement.

That corner restaurant/cafe down the street should be quieter. Go no alcohol if wanting it quieter yet.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We have a Mexican joint in town. We were having a going away party for a family with about 20 close friends attending. There were a bunch of unruly young brats running around and screaming near our table. I asked for the manager. I asked him if he was running a restaurant or a day care. He walked away saying he was sorry and never said a word to the offending brats. We've never been back.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
When we first moved to Oahu, we found there was a restaurant within walking distance of our apartment that had famous Hawaiian musicians entertaining. Imagine our disappointment when their beautiful voices (it was Robert and Roland Cazamero) were drowned out by loud diners not interested in the music.
We did return once and stayed late, and got practically a private concert from them.

We had a similar experience at the Surfrider when the Ink Spots played there years ago.

It was a bunch of women all trying to talk over each other. I have no idea why women do that, but you can see the same thing every day on talk shows with female hosts.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post