SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Got an oil leak.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got an oil leak. Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
Not the Honda.
Me.
Apparently low-carb diet + lots of nuts -> oil in the bowl.
At least I hope that's all it is. Otherwise I broke a seal.

Posts: 18056 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the seal on your Rear Main Bearing, those are notorious for leaking after enough years under the belt.

Sorry, just could not resist, Bowl, Rear, and way to many years driving GM products.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Try Depends. Helps contain rear main seal leaks in most males your age.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Edited to avoid offense.
Stop-Leak tastes awful, BTW.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sjtill,

Posts: 18056 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'll go with 'TMI' too.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Out of time and miles for factory warranty............?

I couldn't resist. Too many years working in GM dealerships.......... Wink

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Is "cash for clunkers" still an option?

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Exercise is one answer. Start, stop, start, stop,etc

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
"You can observe a lot by just watching." Yogi Berra was a very wise man.

I have observed a lot by just watching posts that get deleted, threads that get locked, and members who get sent to the time-out room or get banned.

I have decided that if it takes me more than twenty seconds to decide whether or not to click on the "Post Now" button after typing something that's especially clever, such as a link to an online vendor, it's probably better not to post.

Sometimes, thinking about it takes all the fun out of the game. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
On a serious note, how long have you been low carb?

If you're new, that "shit" can happen. Especially with coconut oil.

Once you are fat-adapted, it pretty much goes away.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We are always on a moderate low-carb diet since 2010, but weight has creeped up 10 lbs. since minimum, and it may be affecting my back, so decided to really minimize carbs again, with goal of losing 10-15 lbs.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Try No Sugar No Grains. Google it.

Basically cut out all sugar, real or fake, your liver doesn't know the difference. Cut out all grains and starches. Eat real, unprocessed foods.

I've lost 35 lbs. since December. I haven't counted a calorie or macro.

It works.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the side effects I saw listed on Alli weight loss aid pills when they first came out.

"Excessive gas with oily discharge"

Nope!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reminds me of the side effects I saw listed on Alli weight loss aid pills when they first came out.

Exactly right, also with Olean, I think, an artificial fat.
I was able to find only a tiny number of scientific articles on this (a "nutty" woman whose Mom brought her 6 lbs. of Brazil nuts to the hospital every week).