SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Anybody Else’s Spouse Cut Them off with the Shopping Cart?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody Else’s Spouse Cut Them off with the Shopping Cart? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
I swear, no matter where we go if she’s pushing the cart, she’s always cutting me off as I walk next to her. She could be pointing at something to the left, with me to right, and boom - begins pushing the cart into me. If the item is on the right and so am I, still the same.

And if I’m behind her, she whispers straight ahead and gets upset when I can’t hear/ don’t answer. Grrrr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I do the grocery shopping. Problem solved.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Shopping with my Wife is like trying to follow a moth in a room full of light bulbs. I try to stay a few steps behind but have had her do an about face and crash into me on several occasions.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Apparently we have all married her sisters!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Walmart pickup cures this.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody Else’s Spouse Cut Them off with the Shopping Cart?
I don't think Lorena used a shopping cart.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're incompatible when it comes to shopping.

I hit and run, she browses.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Wife has to browse every aisle, I am like taking a full swing on a golf ball in a tile bathroom.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you are doing it wrong

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
They all do it. That's why I didn't vote for Hillary!
Why was it necessary to interject politics into this thread? Pointless.

And against the rules.

8800 posts and almost 11 years here. You should know better. You should know better and a half.

Posts: 107256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies, deleted.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
you are doing it wrong
Well, how do you do it "right?"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have a pet peeve about this.

I'm cruising down the grocery aisle, and there is almost always, invariably almost always, some woman who decided to stop pushing her cart and grab something off the shelf.

That's fine. Just fine.

However, what she will do, and I've never seen a man do it, is turn her shopping cart sideways and block the aisle while she grabs whatever is on the shelf.

Then of course is the obligatory look at the item, read the label, read the nutrition label, etc, but finally putting the item in the cart.

Then after all that, she will FINALLY turn her cart straight and proceed on.

This behavior puts a burr under my saddle, it does.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
When my wife and I shop together, we have a plan. She takes the cart and goes to the vegetable and fruit section and shops. I go get the eggs, bread, meat, and stuff I like and come back and put in the cart, and go off again for the next stuff. I don't follow her around.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

turn her shopping cart sideways and block the aisle while she grabs whatever is on the shelf.

Then of course is the obligatory look at the item, read the label, read the nutrition label, etc, but finally putting the item in the cart.

Then after all that, she will FINALLY turn her cart straight and proceed on.
V-Tail (at a level that is not at all subdued): "You're blocking the aisle."

Inconsiderate woman will invariably reward me with the stink-eye, might mutter something, but will move the cart.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I get along well. Probably because we almost never go shopping together. As long as I am home to carry in the groceries when she gets back from shopping, she is fine with that.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
My wife and I get along well. Probably because we almost never go shopping together. As long as I am home to carry in the groceries when she gets back from shopping, she is fine with that.

Same here. I'm happy getting out of the house to buy a few, simple items (and I often run into also retired pals to yak with), but Mrs. Sigmund does the "big" grocery shopping after which I unload the car.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
This thread sort of begs for the old joke that has been around for a while:
My wife recently received the following letter from the manager at the store where we usually shop.

Dear Mrs. Cranston:

Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Woolf, are listed below and are “documented by our video surveillance cameras”:
  1. 1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people’s carts when they weren’t looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women’s restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, ‘Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away’. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted in management getting involved causing management to lose time and costing the company money.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of chips.

6. August 14: Moved a ‘CAUTION – WET FLOOR’ sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department – to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, ‘Why can’t you people just leave me alone?’ Emergency Medics were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the Sports department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the ‘ Mission Impossible’ theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his ‘Madonna look’ by using different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled ‘PICK ME! PICK ME!’

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed the fetal position and screamed ‘OH NO! IT’S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was.
    And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, ‘Hey! There’s no toilet paper in here.’ One of the Staff passed out.
I wonder if I’ll have to go along on many more shopping trips?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
My wife routinely goes to four different grocery stores. Each one has a certain list of items that she procures. I NEVER go grocery shopping with her. And yes, she would bash me with the cart.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I can save 50% on the grocery bill if I leave my husband at the house. It's faster and cheaper without him! Razz

This thread reminded me of this old routine by Jeanne Robertson. Very SFW.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post