SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I demand to be treated with respect!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I demand to be treated with respect! Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Then quit pissing on my floor!

Yes, one in the long list of demands from patients last night. I only wish I could have as blunt in my responses to the rest of them.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Well, my drunk was a little better, he was pissing in the sink when I came in. 5th visit to one of the local hospitals in 2 days for intoxication and chest pain. I was lucky I had access to all the other records. I told him he was fine and needed to call for a ride. He tried to demand a sandwich and the bed to sleep in, however, security instructed him otherwise. Thankfully, he went quietly at that point.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I try to give everyone respect until they prove they are unworthy of it.

Demanding respect is one really quick way to lose it with me.

If you think you can demand respect, you don't know what respect is.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
My wife who is a retired RN used to tell me great rummy stories when she worked in downtown Detroit.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I always feel sufficiently humbled by walking around in a paper gown with my ass hanging out. I am too cowered to demand anything, let alone respect. Respect is locked up with my regular clothes.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I always feel sufficiently humbled by walking around in a paper gown with my ass hanging out. I am too cowered to demand anything, let alone respect. Respect is locked up with my regular clothes.

Haha, I'm the opposite. They put me in the gown, I'm happy to provide the show!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

This, all dignity is lost after a couple days in the hospital. Then it's on with the floor show, bring in the parade of people that want to see the goods. LOL

But that's different than respect. And you get treated based on how you treat others, be nice, be respectful, others will be in return.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post