SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why does there always have to be someone who ruins it for others?....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why does there always have to be someone who ruins it for others?.... Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
This is a risky rant, but I am going to pitch it...

Why can’t people actually read a thread before posting?

I get it, some threads become quite long in the tooth. Sure, you might not want to go back and read all 80+ pages if you are late to the party and haven’t been keeping up, but maybe read the most recent 3-4 pages to be refreshed on where the thread is headed before jumping in? I mean really, how hard is that?

Heck at the very least maybe read the last oh, I don’t know, TWO posts?

Sucks when you be surfing the web, killing the time, and come across a suhweet thing that you want to share and then you go to share it because it is perfect for that great thread that has been on page one for damn near a year and then when you get to the thread you get all freaked out because the reply button isn’t there and your like “Da Fuq?” and then you notice the little padlock and realize someone done screwed us all cause they can’t follow simple instructions or are too damn self centered to see the contributions others have made before they just gotsta make their own.

Buzz kill...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah. This is why we can't have nice things.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Normally if a post goes over two pages I don't bother to comment on it. If it is particularly interesting then that may be a different story entirely.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
This is a risky rant, but I am going to pitch it...

Why can’t people actually read a thread before posting?

I get it, some threads become quite long in the tooth. Sure, you might not want to go back and read all 80+ pages if you are late to the party and haven’t been keeping up, but maybe read the most recent 3-4 pages to be refreshed on where the thread is headed before jumping in? I mean really, how hard is that?

Heck at the very least maybe read the last oh, I don’t know, TWO posts?

Sucks when you be surfing the web, killing the time, and come across a suhweet thing that you want to share and then you go to share it because it is perfect for that great thread that has been on page one for damn near a year and then when you get to the thread you get all freaked out because the reply button isn’t there and your like “Da Fuq?” and then you notice the little padlock and realize someone done screwed us all cause they can’t follow simple instructions or are too damn self centered to see the contributions others have made before they just gotsta make their own.

Buzz kill...

Perfect. Word-for-word.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. Plus read everything Para Posts and view the Locked Threads so you know what to avoid.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
See, I was trying to be all polite and vague and shit without actually calling him out... Cool

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
read everything Para Posts and view the Locked Threads so you know what to avoid.

Roger that.

Anybody want to talk politics?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
Normally if a post goes over two pages I don't bother to comment on it. If it is particularly interesting then that may be a different story entirely.

I agree. If I come that late to the party, I think twice about joining in.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that I have been here long enough that more than a few here would feel comfortable in notifying me , in the event that I screw up in the aforementioned manner

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Heck, on a much lesser note ... I have seen posts on karmas "I'm in" right after the OP has announced the winner.

Sometimes I think there will always be someone diving into the pool before checking how deep the water is.

Or right after second call for the yet-to-show winner. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Heck, on a much lesser note ... I have seen posts on karmas "I'm in" right after the OP has announced the winner.

Or when the Karma has stipulations for entry and people don't even bother adhering to those. Nope, didn't read, just "entered" without even reading the entire original post. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post