SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Don't you hate it when you buy a gun, then they go on sale.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't you hate it when you buy a gun, then they go on sale. Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted
I swear I have crappy timing sometimes.

Most recent - HK P30L.
CDNN had them for $799 a few months ago. Decent price, we ahead and snagged one.
I'm surfing AIM Surplus today and find them for $549.95.

Figures...

(The pain is offset a little by the fact when I purchased it, HK was doing the 4 mag giveaway. Can't complain too much about $180 worth of free mags. Big Grin)

And this wasn't the first time. My first SIG 2022 was $569 out the door. About a month later is when the slashed the price and there were in the $300s everywhere.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was never a problem for my mother. She would just go back to the store and demand the difference. Nine times out of ten, she got it.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never look back. "No Regerts," dude.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
If I have noticed a traditional "sale" price, then yea, perhaps my timing could have been better but I got what I wanted when I wanted it.

On the other hand I have sometimes added extra of things I like knowing I can sell them off later with less risk than the stock market, or so I thought. What I do dislike is a company which prices the firearms well above what they sell for a few years later. Anyone remember Sig 556s? I think the OPs example of HK pistols is also like this, with regular current prices $150 or more below what they were for most of a decade.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1991 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Never look back. "No Regerts," dude.

Affirmative.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well I think everyone here knows what you need to do. Buy another one and your average cost per gun drops.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Well I think everyone here knows what you need to do. Buy another one and your average cost per gun drops.

Did I understand that you had an MBA in cost accounting???!!!!
Big Grin Big Grin

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it has been the firearms promotional offers. Twice now I have purchased new Sig pistols only to find out that if I had waited an extra week I could have gotten free magazines and a soft case.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
For me it has been the firearms promotional offers. Twice now I have purchased new Sig pistols only to find out that if I had waited an extra week I could have gotten free magazines and a soft case.

Same here. I even missed the P239 magazine sale because when I first checked they weren't marked down yet. Somehow I missed it when they went down to really cheap.
When I went back to the Sig page they were sold out...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
This was never a problem for my mother. She would just go back to the store and demand the difference. Nine times out of ten, she got it.

That was my first thought. There is a name for this that I don't recall, but my wife uses it like a club. Woe to any store that doesn't promptly refund her the difference.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES it has happened to me more than once.

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See if your credit card that you bought it with has a price protection or price matching thing. Otherwise don't look back.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Small price to pay for not having a gun hating liberal in the White House. On the other hand the stock market is way way up since the election and ammo prices are way down.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I try to avoid that mindset. Are you happy with your purchase? If so, forget about it.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Can you tell me when you buy your next gun? Thank you in advance.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post