SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Water damage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water damage Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
Seems like every time I turn around in the last 6 months or so, something in my house is getting damaged by water.

Leaky window resulting in water damage to the windowsill.

Leaky shower resulting in water damage to the walls and trim.

Leaky roof resulting in water damage to the soffit.

Failing exhaust fan resulting in condensation damage to the guest bathroom ceiling.

Now this morning I discovered that a shutoff valve under the guest bathroom sink was leaking, resulting in water damage to the cabinet under the sink.

Sure, I love swimming, and showering, and drinking. But seriously, screw water.

It's getting to the point where I'm halfway tempted to move to the desert and build a house out of nothing but materials impervious to water damage.

Posts: 22024 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Spoken like a true Atlantean...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 38972 | Location: fl | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Yeah, just look at what that stuff did to the Grand Canyon.

Posts: 4446 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I can relate.

We've had the wettest "winter" I can recall. The ground is/has been completely saturated since the summer. Everytime I walk across the yard I hear squish, squish. (Doesn't help that the soil here is primarily clay). Usually there is a flooding warning after the winter thaw so it should be really interesting come spring.

I have a leak on the chimney flashing I have to fix once the weather improves. And water is very patient.

Posts: 1058 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about the mold that follows. Water. Like a women, can't live with it, can't live without it. Ha

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

Posts: 9159 | Location: Colorado  | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
So how's the water heater looking?

My other Sig is a Steyr...

Posts: 3983 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
So how's the water heater looking?

13 years old, and still going strong, but on the list for replacement in the next couple months.

Luckily, it's in the garage, so even if it fails before replacement, damage will be minimal.

Posts: 22024 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, bad luck.

I have been helping a friend of mine with his problem, he had 3 inches of water in his basement.

The waste water drains were backed up from the melting snow and rain, nowhere for the sump pump water to go.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2456 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Seems like every time I turn around in the last 6 months or so, something in my house is getting damaged by water.

Leaky window resulting in water damage to the windowsill.

Leaky shower resulting in water damage to the walls and trim.

Leaky roof resulting in water damage to the soffit.

Failing exhaust fan resulting in condensation damage to the guest bathroom ceiling.

Now this morning I discovered that a shutoff valve under the guest bathroom sink was leaking, resulting in water damage to the cabinet under the sink.

Sure, I love swimming, and showering, and drinking. But seriously, screw water.

It's getting to the point where I'm halfway tempted to move to the desert and build a house out of nothing but materials impervious to water damage.

Feel your pain; last house we had a leak in the roof at the vent pipe - damaged the ceiling in our daughters home. Then the condensation drain tube for the HVAC system clogged and dumped water on the floor; we didn't see it for awhile so it soaked into the wall and mold started growing. House we live in now, finished basement flooded 3 times, roof leaked at the chimney, and water leaked from the tub plumbing into the walls and floor; total gut and redo which I'm still working on. Again, I feel your pain man.

Posts: 119 | Location: PA | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post