SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I'm tired of Meghan Markle.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm tired of Meghan Markle. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I've got nothing personally against the woman, but I'm sick to death of seeing photos of her and hearing about her 24/7.

Meghan redid her hair.
Meghan changed Archie's diaper.
Meghan put in a new tampon.

Why does anyone in this country give two shits about British royalty? And it's not just because she's black: They're still going on about Princess Diana and it's been >20 years since she had her little fender-bender.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’m tired of her too. DailyMail is a fairly good source of interesting articles, but has a ton of Meghan Markle crap obscuring better stuff.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see what people's obsession with royalty in general stems from. They're just regular folks whose only claim to fame is being born into a certain family who happens to be descended from "rulers". I know the Royal Family doesn't directly govern anymore, but still the idea of worshiping someone based solely on their heritage makes absolutely no freaking sense to me. People are such mindless sheep who gush over anything and everything "celebrity" it literally makes me nauseous.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't know her if I saw her. I have great filters. Can't even hear the wife most of the time.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Wouldn't know her if I saw her. I have great filters. Can't even hear the wife most of the time.

I think Mrs. PHPaul is on to me. She said today (loudly enough that I couldn't fake not hearing it...) "You LIKE being deaf, don't you!"

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m interested in Prince Andrew and any news of his association with the perv Epstein.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

I think Mrs. PHPaul is on to me. She said today (loudly enough that I couldn't fake not hearing it...) "You LIKE being deaf, don't you!"

I believe it’s called “Spousal Selective Hearing”.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Any of that bullshit about the ‘royals’ is enough to make me puke.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have felt all along that this Harry and Meghan stuff is not going to end well. The woman is a social climber, whose main goal in my opinion was to get pregnant as soon as possible. Whatever happens from this point on, she is the mother of royalty and that is an annuity. Just ask Sarah Ferguson

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Meh. I've never understood why Americans have any fascination with the British royal family. Didn't some treasonous rebels kick them out of here once upon a time?

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
How does one get tired of something with which they have never been involved?

Maybe I am just getting too old and crotchety.

On a scale of 1-100, my "royalty" index is minus 50

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I don’t have cable and don’t watch TV. The first time I’d ever heard of Meghan Markle was Para’s thread. The only time I’ve subsequently heard anything about her is in threads here on Sigforum complaining about seeing “news pieces” about her.

This is not to slander and bash, but there’s a common source of your frustrations about this person, and it’s the screen yakking at you about her.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I personally like her. She is very animal friendly and has taken on a role in the spotlight I don't think she really cares for.

It is the NEWS stories/commentators/pictures, etc..that need to stop. Why don't these news people write about me?? How many times a day do I fart, etc, etc. It is the news people that need to go away not her.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
From all the US based Brits I have talked to. US people are generally the only people that actually care according to them.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I don’t have cable and don’t watch TV. The first time I’d ever heard of Meghan Markle was Para’s thread. The only time I’ve subsequently heard anything about her is in threads here on Sigforum complaining about seeing “news pieces” about her.

This is not to slander and bash, but there’s a common source of your frustrations about this person, and it’s the screen yakking at you about her.

GD +1. Cut the fuckin idiot box off. It’s all shit.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I know it's bad form to respond "Meghan who?", but I did have to read several posts before I remembered who she was.

I didn't realize I was so pop culture illiterate. I'm pretty happy about it. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I have felt all along that this Harry and Meghan stuff is not going to end well. The woman is a social climber, whose main goal in my opinion was to get pregnant as soon as possible. Whatever happens from this point on, she is the mother of royalty and that is an annuity. Just ask Sarah Ferguson

I agree. I think she wanted to get a royal baby to be set for life. Wonder what the Queen really thinks about her?

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This must be a seasonal thing for you, like the migration of birds.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...860077544#3860077544

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This must be a seasonal thing for you, like the migration of birds.

Or the salmon of Capistrano.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Damn, I thought it was just déjà vu.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post