SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So this is the stomach flu!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So this is the stomach flu! Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:Now I feel like I have the flu this morning but apparently norovirus can cause similar symptoms.

Norovirus is what most people call "stomach flu". Influenza is a respiratory virus, not intestinal.

Yep Norovirus is making its rounds again. Lots of hand washing and sanitizing. If someone in your household gets it, it's quite likely a few more will.

Keep an extra trash can in the bathroom with its own bag. You don't want to have to make "choices"

Posts: 13505 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beer Me!
Picture of Copefree
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Ask your doc to call you in some Zofran ODT 4mg and it will make your life a lot less miserable.

Just got back from the doctor. They gave me 4mg of Zofran under the tongue at the office and sent in a prescription.

Posts: 3670 | Location: Seattle, Warshington | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I got it around 3:30am New Year's Eve morning. It sucks!!! I was sitting on the pot and felt the urge.....and luckily I was able to reach the waste basket or the floor would have been a mess!

Yesterday was the first day of really being able to eat solid food. My wife is just getting over it too.

This weekend is going to be our New Year's Eve and Day.......since we weren't able to eat any of the food in our overflowing refrigerator.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3087 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Norovirus is airborne, as well as contact. People are actually puking the virus. Wikipedia has an informative article.

Posts: 1093 | Location: The other Florida | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beer Me!
Picture of Copefree
posted Hide Post
I feel like I've taken a step backwards today. Yesterday I was feeling "slightly" better but today I feel terrible. Got 11 hours or sleep too. I just feel downright sick. And the diarrhea is really bad. Haven't thrown up anymore.

This sucks. Feels like the flu almost. Viruses suck.

Posts: 3670 | Location: Seattle, Warshington | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it hit my little on Saturday, my wife sunday night, and me Monday afternoon, today i finally feel part human.

No fun

Zofran saved me, thankfully we have a Nurse as a neighbor who had some.

Posts: 6487 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I feel like I've taken a step backwards today. Yesterday I was feeling "slightly" better but today I feel terrible. Got 11 hours or sleep too. I just feel downright sick. And the diarrhea is really bad. Haven't thrown up anymore.

This sucks. Feels like the flu almost. Viruses suck.
That is how my stomach flu was last year. Just as you think your immune system is winning, the viruses regroup and launch a new attack. Heck, that was how I caught it in the first place - my at the time gf thought she had been better for 12 hours, but an hour after dinner it was back with fever, vomiting, and diarrhea.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 12915 | Location: N. Houston, TX | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's making the rounds here, too.

I first had symptoms late last night, my wife early this morning.

Lying on the bathroom floor between 'rounds' feels really nice. Nothing else does.

Posts: 2017 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
It's making the rounds here, too.

I first had symptoms late last night, my wife early this morning.

Lying on the bathroom floor between 'rounds' feels really nice. Nothing else does.

To add insult to injury, 24 hours of hourly poopsplosions combined with being weak, miserable and ill left me with, essentially, a nasty diaper rash.

If you get this, take care of yourself.

Posts: 2017 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beer Me!
Picture of Copefree
posted Hide Post
^ sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

I'm happy to say that today I had two full meals. And I'm feeling much better. Tomorrow I should be back to 100%.

6 days of pure misery. But I (and my wife and daughter too) made it!!

There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post

You can buy vinyl gloves, bleach wipes at any drug store.

Wipe everything down. EVERYTHING. countertops, faucets, tables. Make sure it is chlorine bleach wipes.

Never re-use the same dinnerware or drinking glass, make sure they get washed after each use.

Make sure everybody washes their hands with soap and water for at least one minute after going to the bathroom or being sick or before eating.

Don't use handtowels, buy a couple rolls of paper towels.

Caregivers should wear gloves when coming into contact with the sick.

Most noroviruses are due to improper hand-washing after coming into contact with stool.

Keep everybody in their rooms, make sure they aren't re-infecting each other. If they use the bathroom, go in with gloves on and wipe everything down. Toilet seats, sink, countertops.

https://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/...nting-infection.html

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.
Who has the right to the food? It ain't breakfast

Posts: 6388 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
^ sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

I'm happy to say that today I had two full meals. And I'm feeling much better. Tomorrow I should be back to 100%.

6 days of pure misery. But I (and my wife and daughter too) made it!!

6 days! I'm so sorry.

I had 36 hours of misery and I was fine again. Very nasty time, but 6 days?!?