SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    So this is the stomach flu!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So this is the stomach flu! Login/Join 
Beer Me!
Picture of Copefree
posted
I puked all over the parking lot at my daughters doctor appointment today. Been feeling lousy the past day or two. Daughter threw up twice yesterday but hasn't today. I must have got it.

Got home. Puked 4 more times. Diarrhea is terrible.

I've never had this before. Saltines and Gagotorade G2/water time.

And I was trying to think back -- I don't think I've thrown up in 10+ years.

Couple day thing here or what?

Posts: 3732 | Location: Seattle, Warshington | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few days of absolute misery.

Hydrate! Water, Gatorade / pedialite... Start slow on the foods. Broths, soups....

Oh yeah, IT SUCKS!

"When its time to shoot, shoot. Dont talk!"

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 4730 | Location: Just moved: Downtown Chi-Town | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KShooter
posted Hide Post
My family was passing it around Christmas Weekend. My wife and three kids got it. Luckily I did not. For them it was only 24 hours. But those 24 hours were horrible. Lots of laundry done between the sheets and clothing that had to be switched out every couple of hours Eek

Thought I was in the clear and then yesterday my 10 year old son started with it again. Ugh.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2782 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
Picture of Dusty78
posted Hide Post
Ask your doc to call you in some Zofran ODT 4mg and it will make your life a lot less miserable.

Last Feb I flew to Miami to buy a car. As soon as I sat down in the plane I got sick. Terrible nausea and diarrhea. I did t throw up but I was fighting it all flight. As soon as I landed the car service picking me up drove me to a pharmacy and I prescribed myself some Zofran. I called the dealer and told them I would be here be there the next day. I went to the hotel and slept for like 12 hours.

Posts: 10719 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember this thread the next time someone screams "germaphobe" at those of us that wash our hands and use hand sanitizer in public places.

OP: I'm not pointing at you. Not much you can do when your kids bring it around.

Posts: 5562 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I've had it last anywhere from one to three days. Nothing like spending three days on the toilet with a trash can in front of you because you're losing it from both ends at once.

"Stupid people proliferate because this world has been made safe enough they survive long enough to procreate."

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 2008 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No puking here but diarrhea 3 times in 4 weeks. Stil don't feel 100%. Bad stuff.

Posts: 80 | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beer Me!
Picture of Copefree
posted Hide Post
I slept shit like last night. Puking and diarrhea. Now I feel like I have the flu this morning but apparently norovirus can cause similar symptoms.

My pregnant wife (8 months) started puking uncontrollably last night too. Frown

Posts: 3732 | Location: Seattle, Warshington | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:Now I feel like I have the flu this morning but apparently norovirus can cause similar symptoms.

Norovirus is what most people call "stomach flu". Influenza is a respiratory virus, not intestinal.

Posts: 5562 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of people out sick around here. There's some nasty 7-10 day total crud in the Seattle area. Drink lots of fluids to avoid dehydration.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 9864 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Club Norovirus! Hope you get better soon.

RMD

Some men are morally opposed to violence; they are protected by men who are not.

Posts: 17715 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1967Goat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Oh yeah, IT SUCKS!

I think the correct phrase is...IT BLOWS. Razz

Posts: 3534 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah my family all had something over Christmas but I wised up & started taking Zicam early and so far feel pretty good!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 1807 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Its nasty, feels like you want to just die and that you must be shitting out organs.

---------------------------------
- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"

Posts: 6285 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
posted Hide Post
Yep, I got it this morning. Bad thing is I started a new job yesterday and already had to call off on my 2nd day. I haven't called off work in years and then I have to do it today. Not good.

Posts: 1791 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beer Me!
Picture of Copefree
posted Hide Post
Those who've had Norovirus -- does it make you feel like the flu? Day 2 here and, while the puking has stopped, the diarrhea is bad and I'm all achy and generally really under the weather.

Didn't think it would be this intense.

Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Remember this thread the next time someone screams "germaphobe" at those of us that wash our hands and use hand sanitizer in public places.

OP: I'm not pointing at you. Not much you can do when your kids bring it around.

Yes... Smile

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 3885 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I got the stomach flu (gastroenteritis) last winter. On day 3, I saw the doc and she laughed at me when I said I was hoping to go to work the next day. I missed 5 days of work and she said some people were missing 7 or 8 days of work (aka sick 9 or 10 calender days).

I'd feel better for a few hours then either diarrhea or nausea would come back for 5 or 6 hours.

I caught it from my at the time gf who thought she was better on day 4.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 13065 | Location: N. Houston, TX | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
Picture of Whisp
posted Hide Post
I'm currently up with our 1yo that has some sort of stomach bug. They are not fun, but kids seem to deal with it better than adults.

About 4 years ago our first son brought home norovirus from daycare. That is a hell I never want to know again. It literally took the whole daycare out of commission for a week. Within 24 hours of our son getting sick my wife had it. 12 hours later I had it. My parents stopped by to bring us supplies, they were there maybe 20 minutes- 24 hours later they had it. I swear I didn't leave the bathroom floor for 48 hours. There are stomach bugs, and then there was that. Whole different level of hell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2549 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
I slept shit like last night. Puking and diarrhea. Now I feel like I have the flu this morning but apparently norovirus can cause similar symptoms.

My pregnant wife (8 months) started puking uncontrollably last night too. Frown

Sorry for both of you, hope you both get well soon.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 7582 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post