SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Argh! Floor mats live and learn
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argh! Floor mats live and learn Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So I've had the truck for just over 2 years. Normally the first thing I do with a vehicle is get a set of Weathertech or Husky liners for the floors. Well, father in law bought me a set of the OEM Ford rubber mats for it for Christmas 2 years ago. Not my first choice but a gift so I went with them.

Fast forward to today, try and do something nice for the kid and pick up lunch on the way home. Get home and the 64oz paper cup of ice tea literally disintegrates in my hand and soaks the floor. With the Ford floor mat not going edge to edge the carpet is an absolute swamp.

A new set of Husky liners is now on order...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
64 oz in a paper cup? Eek

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Could be worse. Could have been a "creamy shake".

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I went with the MoPar mats for my Jeep, but they go edge-to-edge, similar to WeatherTech or Husky.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got WeatherTech for my 2016 Honda CRV. The factory "winter" mats are crap.

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
64 oz in a paper cup? Eek

That does seem like asking for trouble.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
One of the first things I do when I get a new (to me) vehicle is order floor mats from Weathertech.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I don't really need the all-rubber mats here in Texas so I use carpeted mats.
However, saw on one the car shows on the Velocity channel this weekend where did a whole show on WeatherTech.
WOW, what a state of the art facility.
Like I said I don't need their mats but I would buy one if I did after seeing how they operate. Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
So I've had the truck for just over 2 years. Normally the first thing I do with a vehicle is get a set of Weathertech or Husky liners for the floors. Well, father in law bought me a set of the OEM Ford rubber mats for it for Christmas 2 years ago. Not my first choice but a gift so I went with them.

Fast forward to today, try and do something nice for the kid and pick up lunch on the way home. Get home and the 64oz paper cup of ice tea literally disintegrates in my hand and soaks the floor. With the Ford floor mat not going edge to edge the carpet is an absolute swamp.

A new set of Husky liners is now on order...

I've got Husky liners in my pickup (9 years) and my car (5 years). They also come with a lifetime warranty - not that I've needed it. They were the first thing I bought when I purchased my car and do a pretty good job of keeping the carpets clean and dry.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
However, saw on one the car shows on the Velocity channel this weekend where did a whole show on WeatherTech.
Like I said I don't need their mats but I would buy one if I did after seeing how they operate. Cool

You mean one of those car themed infomercials they show? Every one of those weekend shows on during the day is just an excuse to sell something for whoever is paying them that week. If you're lucky, they'll throw in a few minutes working on a car too.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Husky liners

all the way

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Normally the first thing I do with a vehicle is get a set of Weathertech or Husky liners for the floors.

Not familiar with Husky, but Weathertech has carved themselves a nice market in this space.

Weathertech's factory is located about an hour south of me, and so when I ordered a set of mats for my new car, I decided to drive down and pick them up. Very impressive operation. I was there on a Saturday afternoon and you would have thought they were giving them away. If I hadn't pre-ordered I would have had a 30-minute wait!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Husky mats in my 2006 4-Runner for ten years and liked them. Earlier Weathertechs I bought, though said to be custom made came with instructions on how to trim. Have not bought any mats since factory began installing these spikes in the carpets to keep them from slipping forward. Do the newer Weathertechs have holes for these spikes or do you have to cut your own holes ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do the newer Weathertechs have holes for these spikes or do you have to cut your own holes ?

My Weathertech mats had holes that matched the floor "posts" for mats perfectly.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:

You mean one of those car themed infomercials they show? Every one of those weekend shows on during the day is just an excuse to sell something for whoever is paying them that week. If you're lucky, they'll throw in a few minutes working on a car too.

It is a bit "informercially" (made up word). However, I still can see fact from fiction.
Nevertheless, (even if the company has the evil profit motive) the tour of the Weathertech facility by the owner showing how stuff was made > was interesting to me.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last car came from the factory with winter mats for the front, rear and trunk. I gave the front and rear away to someone in the lot that bought the same car without mats and ordered a set of Husky mats before I drove away.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is a bit "informercially" (made up word). However, I still can see fact from fiction.
Nevertheless, (even if the company has the evil profit motive) the tour of the Weathertech facility by the owner showing how stuff was made > was interesting to me.

Some of those shows are fine but that particular one, 2 Guys Garage I believe it's called, is presented like they're stoned or something. Or like it's "Mr. Rogers Garage". There is just something about the way they speak that puts me off immediately.

I really can not stand watching that show for longer then it takes to change the channel.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post