SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Just had a visit with my doc.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had a visit with my doc. Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My employer moves me every few years which means getting a new doc every few years.

I've had several that were visibly disappointed that my blood pressure is good, my bad and total cholesterol are phenomenal, and all other labs are normal. Other than low HDL, my vitals don't match the scale (I'm overweight) and it really throws off their shtick. BTW, I don't care at all for those docs like that.

I guess it's better than the asshole doc who discouraged even trying a moderate diet and moderate exercise because we're no better than lab rats who'll eat junk even if it means getting an electric shock. Guess I wasn't the only one to complain as the practice fired his ass.

I never really figured out the lack of bedside manner in the profession until my buddy got into full time ministry with med school students. He shared that the majority have zero social skills because they've done little more than study between 9th grade and residency (i.e. very bad life balance). The good news is that during the 10 years after residency many get a better life balance which translates into better bedside manner.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
... quit smoking them stogies and pipes...

Do doctors just not understand how cigar and pipe smoking works?

<gazes at Kenpoist...>

How do they work?

At least with cigars, you don’t actually inhale the smoke (into your lungs). You have to smoke three or more cigars per day for an extended period of time to increase your risk of cancer.

http://www.rstreet.org/op-ed/f...-1-2-cigars-per-day/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kenpoist,

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Although she phrased it in medical terms, it seemed to boil down to:

"You're a lazy fat fucker who needs to exercise more, loose at least 20lbs, quit smoking them stogies and pipes, quit drinking so much, and eat only shit that you don't like."

I'm shopping for another doc. Roll Eyes

Hell you had a wonderful visit, she didn’t get on you for having guns in your possession.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post