SIGforum
Another insomnia thread

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5890018334

November 27, 2017, 10:32 PM
hudr
Another insomnia thread
10:30 is really not that late. Even considering that my day typically starts at 0430.
What irks me is that I go to bed early (8:30 or so) and get right to sleep. But then I wake up about an hour or so later, still tired but not sleepy at all.
I can usually get back down around 1AM.
Two or three of these in a 4-6 day workweek (depending on OT) can make for a somewhat grumpy attitude.
November 27, 2017, 11:11 PM
oddball
Yeah, a few days a week, I will wake up 2-3am and stay up a couple of hours until I finally fall asleep for a nap until wake-up time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
November 29, 2017, 08:32 AM
wolfe 21
2 out of last 3 nights, sleep 3 hours and wide awake @ 2 AM. This is getting real old real quick.
Sorry I'm not the only one having these problems. I know how much it sucks.

A Perpetual Disappointment...
November 29, 2017, 08:58 AM
mark123
Yeah, that hits me sometimes, too. I have found that wearing a Breathe Right nose strip seems to help me stay asleep. Not always but it does make a difference.

Something else to try is Alteril. Melatonin does nothing for me but Alteril works really well. It tastes like a gym sock though. Razz
November 29, 2017, 09:44 AM
Southflorida-law
What are you eating or drinking prior to bed time, or within a few hours of bed?
November 29, 2017, 07:31 PM
hvyhawler
Yup, can relate. I work shift work, days, afternoons and nights, seven shifts in a row. My body doesn't know how to sleep much over four or five hours...
November 29, 2017, 10:04 PM
hudr
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
What are you eating or drinking prior to bed time, or within a few hours of bed?

My last meal is normally about 6PM. Usually a salad, or some other veggie dish.
Bedtime is usually between 9 & 10PM.
November 29, 2017, 11:07 PM
acidjazz
When you can't go to sleep, what about trying to watch a show you like?

Does anything help you? Meditating videos?

I used to have bad insomnia. And then I worked the night shift and I was always so happy to see my bed that it went away lol.
November 30, 2017, 02:55 PM
rtquig
It used to be a major problem for me before I went on a CPAP two months ago. I would take Ambien and Xanax fall asleep for a couple of hours and wake up all through the night. Now, still taking the medication (doctor didn't want me to stop immediately) and using the CPAP, I wake up once, maybe twice in the night but usually can fall back to sleep in a few minutes. I still can't initially fall asleep without the medication yet.

Living the Dream
December 02, 2017, 10:47 AM
Sportshooter
I have a relaxation self hypnosis tape that helps me go right to sleep. It works so well, I’ve never been awake to hear the end of it. Unfortunately or fortunately my bladder doesn’t go to sleep and I have to get up at pee o’clock every morning. Smile