SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dear bar patron with "Molan Labe" tattooed down your forearm...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear bar patron with "Molan Labe" tattooed down your forearm... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
...and wearing the NRA Life Membership ballcap.

We get it, you carry. But come on man, could you advertise any louder to the bad guys who might be targeting a joint?

LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
There was recently a spoof video about a douchebag ex-military guy being medically diagnosed as a Basic Veteran. All of it was hilariously - and perhaps embarrassingly - on point.

We need such a video on the Basic Gun Bro.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
In another recent thread on mall ninjas/tacti-dorks, I referred to those kind of guys as the "neon gray man". It's quite the contradiction.

They are very serious about concealing their firearm when out in public, to the point of being obsessed with eliminating printing, because they "don't want to give up the element of surprise". Meanwhile, they're simultaneously trying to make it as obvious as possible that they're the kind of guy who's carrying a firearm, with their abundance of gun-guy clothing/tattoos/caps/morale patches/etc.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Dear bar patron with "Molan Labe" tattooed down your forearm...

We get it, you carry. But come on man, could you advertise any louder to the bad guys who might be targeting a joint?

LOL

What's your deal? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26317 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Would it be better if he wore a long sleeve shirt?

I have no issue with it and I have no tattoo's or an NRA hat. Good for him.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Dear bar patron with "Molan Labe" tattooed down your forearm...

LOL

What's your deal? Big Grin

LOL - I was not paying attention to what section I was in. Good catch.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Would it be better if he wore a long sleeve shirt?

I have no issue with it and I have no tattoo's or an NRA hat. Good for him.

Yeah, he's got every right to do so... it's just that such people look like central casting has them on speed dial if they need "stereotypically obvious gun owner" for the latest Hollywood movie.

As Rogue pointed out, generally the point while carrying concealed is to be the gray man...not to have a neon sign around your neck.

Like, I'm not going to walk up to such a person and call them a jerk...but if we were buddies I'd probably politely suggest he tone it down a bit.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Wow, you guys are sensitive. Really, a tatto and a hat. Must be a white guy too. Come on.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I've posted this recently, but here it is again. I'm staying both low-profile and tacticool all at once so that my fellow operators in the AO are in the know that I'm one of them while looking like I'm not. Word.

Wink

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I like these kind of guys, they keep attention off of me.

Posts: 2678 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I don't mind these kinds of people, as long as they're not acting like self-righteous crusaders or douches.

I figure, if the shooting starts, they'll be priority targets. Time = options and they're giving me more time.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure your average thug understands Greek. I get your point though. I am going to have to get the innocent bystander cap.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, they might think it's a Canadian beer? Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I am not sure your average thug understands Greek. I get your point though. I am going to have to get the innocent bystander cap.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
... But come on man, could you advertise any louder . . . .?

Yes, in my experience they generally do.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The Molon Labia crowd, they are all sissys anyway.

I can't imagine owning ANYTHING with that phrase on it, much less tattooing it on a body part.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Well at least he wasn't wearing a tight tapout shirt. Or was he? Big Grin

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I find that growing a beer belly and being about 5’3”, has been the best ‘gray man’ disguise ever. Nobody takes me seriously, not even my kids lol

But yeah. Count me in.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Man, when your like 6'2 and weight as much as a bull, you sorta just gotta roll with it. Lord knows even in flipflops and jeans, my hippie look, I have noticed people cross the street to be away from me. Might as well let Johnie Q Thug know I'm packing, he is gonna hit me first anyways.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lot of weekend warriors out there.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
Man, when your like 6'2 and weight as much as a bull, you sorta just gotta roll with it. Lord knows even in flipflops and jeans, my hippie look, I have noticed people cross the street to be away from me. Might as well let Johnie Q Thug know I'm packing, he is gonna hit me first anyways.

Same general build. Scale @ work says 270. Never had anyone cross the street to get away from me, but I have gotten some sidelong looks and extra space from time to time. Especially when I had hair past my collar and a month's beard.
So you're telling me I'm screwed even though I'm not carrying a gun? Well ain't that just peachy.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post