SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No, I don't want to sell my land / house etc...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No, I don't want to sell my land / house etc... Login/Join 
posted
Sorry. Just need to vent.

I understand that the real estate market is nuts right now, but I'm getting sick and tired of being inundated with phone calls, emails and snail mail from people that I have never heard of that want to buy my land, my shop or my house. I average 3 calls, 2 emails and a snail mail or two a WEEK.

Here's a clue, people - if I wanted to sell my property, I'd LIST it. You'd see it on MLS. That's what real estate listings are FOR. To let people know that I want to SELL. And if, God forbid, I ever DID want to sell, I'd never think of going to someone that has been pestering me about it. I'd go to a professional.

Much like I'd never buy anything from a door to door salesman. Ever.

Now just stop it, please.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever returned these folks' calls? Maybe just to mess with them? Let me live vicariously and viciously through you if I may.

Thanks for listening.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I get offerings in the mail a few times a year. Usually works out to about $600/acre .... But its CASH!!!!
Yeah, I don't thinks so.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I forward them the listing to my condo on Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman. They've pretty muched stopped now.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I get 3 or 4 calls/ texts a day for a piece of property I don't own. It's freaking ridiculous. Lately I've taken to wasting as much of their time as possible. I can't do anything to stop it, so I might as well do the general public a service and keep them busy for a little while at least.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I'm getting texts on a weekly basis to sell my house and an email here and there.

If I wanted to talk to a Realtor, I'd call one.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I just got another one.

Told him I give up and will consider $2M after all fees and capital gains taxes are paid AND no contingencies or inspections.

Also let him know that is well north of twice the amount homes are selling here right now and if he calls back with any offer lower than that amount, it'll go up 10%

He thought I was kidding...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Rant registered. They are still going to call.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I get 3 or 4 calls/ texts a day for a piece of property I don't own.

I get the same type of texts every few months. They are always asking for Salvatore and inquiring if he would be willing to sell the property at a particular address which is also always the same one.

For a while, I repeatedly told these people that I am not Salvatore and to leave me the hell alone but every few months, I get another one. The next time it happens, I'm going to tell them that I would like to sell that property now and the asking price will be 3 million in cash. I'm curious how they would respond.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. I've been getting those too. But the thing is, they're calling for property that I don't even own.

I've had my work-issued cell phone since 2008. Over the last couple months, I've been getting weekly calls about buying some piece of property in a town about an hour away.

Apparently, the owner previously had my work cell number 13+ years ago. And it's the number listed somewhere for that piece of property. Which apparently is in high demand all of a sudden, despite having heard not a peep since 2008.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Better than the car warranty calls. I'm half tempted to sell and rent an apartment for a year and see what happens in the market.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We're on 3 acres, 2 1/2 of which is open pasture so we get many calls or texts a week. We are in a mostly residential area so sewer, electric, water and cable is all ready to go. I understand the desire for it but we aren't ready to sell right now. The enquiries don't bother me that much because I know that one day we will be ready to sell and I want to keep the door open.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently, the owner previously had my work cell number 13+ years ago. And it's the number listed somewhere for that piece of property. Which apparently is in high demand

$50,000, cash in shoe box, and I’ll meet you there and sign a quit claim.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Have fun with this. My sis gets calls on my parents property daily. When she comments to em about it, I say “sell it”. See what happens! It’ll be good fun Wink

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
If I am bored I will toy with them. Then tell them I want 2 million dollars for my simple residential house. I never hear from that company again but others follow in line...

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1368 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We’re in the process of preparing our home for sale. Bring ‘em on.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
I get 3 or 4 calls/ texts a day for a piece of property I don't own. It's freaking ridiculous. Lately I've taken to wasting as much of their time as possible. I can't do anything to stop it, so I might as well do the general public a service and keep them busy for a little while at least.

Glad I am not the only one. “Hi I’m” such and such “and we’re interested in your property on Presidio Dr.” I have no idea where Presidio Dr. is but I’m damn tired of being contacted about it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
These are wholesalers who comb through public records. You will not stop them from calling. With my multiple houses, I get two or three calls/texts a day.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
It's aimed at finding people that are on the fence about selling and this might be the nudge it takes. I agree they are annoying but they work.

I have friends that wanted a house in a certain area. The market is so hot that they often couldn't get a bid in fast enough. They sent out hundreds of letters and found an owner that decided to sell. Attraction to seller was ease of transaction (specifically, didn't have to do massive clean up and put up with showing the home) and no broker fees.

So assume inquiries will increase and not decrease.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
"CASH offer?"

Sure, that's good. Unmarked bills, no sequential serial numbers, no dye-packs, closing tonight, 2:00 am at my location, come alone.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
It's aimed at finding people that are on the fence about selling and this might be the nudge it takes. I agree they are annoying but they work.

I have friends that wanted a house in a certain area. The market is so hot that they often couldn't get a bid in fast enough. They sent out hundreds of letters and found an owner that decided to sell. Attraction to seller was ease of transaction (specifically, didn't have to do massive clean up and put up with showing the home) and no broker fees.

So assume inquiries will increase and not decrease.

And cutting out the realtor fees...

A few years back it was the same, houses selling fast, multiple offers on everything regardless of condition or value.

Had my daughter write a letter to the seller introducing herself and her new husband, looking to start family, great location, house etc. Made the difference, seller took her offer, since she was in her 80's raised a family there are was moving on to her next phase in life moving in with her daughter.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post