SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lottery People!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lottery People! Login/Join 
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I could care less if the welfare crowd wants to dump their money back into the economy. The one scenario where it irritates me is when the gas station people don't keep the receipt paper stocked, and I have to go inside to get one. Defeats the whole purpose of pay at the pump if I have to stand in line for 10 minutes to get my receipt. I'd blame the attendant for being too lazy to change the receipt paper on the pump, but it's not really their fault when they're inundated by a continuous line of folks wanting to throw their money away.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I could care less if the welfare crowd wants to dump their money back into the economy. The one scenario where it irritates me is when the gas station people don't keep the receipt paper stocked, and I have to go inside to get one. Defeats the whole purpose of pay at the pump if I have to stand in line for 10 minutes to get my receipt. I'd blame the attendant for being too lazy to change the receipt paper on the pump, but it's not really their fault when they're inundated by a continuous line of folks wanting to throw their money away.

I don't wait. I walk right to the front of line and the second cashier looks up I say I need a receipt for pump 7. This pisses me off to no end. I specifically chose to pay at pump to avoid lines and interacting with some idiot behind the counter.

As for VA this is not a concern, they sell them in vending machines, they even accept debit cards now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
My local gas station / terrorist money gathering operation does things right. They rule the lottery counter with an iron fist. All other customers take priority over the lottery people. I have seen more than one compulsive gambling addict lose their mind when the haji behind the counter motions for him to step aside.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for the only diesel pump at a gas station a while back. The owner of the truck at the pump came back, got in his truck, and proceeded to scratch off his newly purchased lottery tickets. He moved before finishing after I pointed out that it was the only diesel pump. But still, wtf is wrong with people?

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the pump thing, if the paper is out I take a cell phone pic for my records.

The funniest I ever heard about the lottery was a friend who told me he bought a ticket once, and if God had wanted him to win, he would have with that one.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's aweful here, you go to a convenient store and you see the same miserable idiots buying $80-300 in lottery tickets while the machine scans them and prints them out. They all drive hoopties......and I see the same ones at the same store.....and think, do you know how much money you'd have if you just stuck that money somewhere.....anywhere.....even under their mattress...….

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even worse is (with "scratchers") when they scratch off every damn one while still in the line.

Post retirement, my dad worked in a liquor store. He booted those folks out the door, scratch the damn things outside. Not only did it inconvenience other customers, they left a mess from the scratching.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Don't care if they spend their money like that, I just hate it when they try to do their scratch offs at the counter and then buy more.

Buy your shit and move on. Win something? Get back in fucking line.

You know the 'professional' old people since they come in with a plastic envelop (clear), holding all their tickets and such.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOUISIANA - As Saint Landry resident Anthony Colligan walked into work on Monday, June 25, one of his tennis shoes broke apart.

While the 57-year-old started to duct-tape it back together, he remarked “It’s funny that a millionaire would be walking into work with duct-taped shoes.”

His boss began to chuckle, but little did he know, Colligan had won $2 million during the Powerball drawing over the weekend!

The winner received $1,420,000 after state and federal tax withholdings.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ironic that people used to go to jail for running a numbers racket. Now the state does it legally.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beginner's Luck for $1 Million Powerball Winner

Vincent F. had never played Powerball® but managed to win $1 million on his first try!

He purchased his ticket at Stop & Shop in Pittsburgh. It matched all five white balls drawn in the July 28 Powerball drawing.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Even worse is (with "scratchers") when they scratch off every damn one while still in the line. If any of them are lucky enough to win anything, even if just another ticket, they have to redeem them in the line as well.

quote:
... stuck behind a guy who spent $96.00 on various lottery tickets.

If I'm going to spend that, I'd sooner spend it on beer and ammo. (I don't think $96 would go very far for hookers and blow.) At least those give me some pleasure, however temporary. A losing lottery ticket gives me nothing. I haven't bought one for several years.

Agreed!

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
A grocery store near me decided to combine the express checkout with customer service. No point in going to the 12 items or fewer line if the person ahead of me is buying lottery tickets or wiring money to Brazil.

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I have lottery in my pawnshop but lottery/bill pay/money orders all in one section. Pawn transactions at one counter and sales in the rest of the store. Keep everybody separate somewhat. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I get your frustration. Warning for the easily offended or pendantic, the below rant is full of characterization generalizations.

I just love it when I am on my way to work and stop at a Turkey Hill (local convenience store) to buy a red bull or a bag of lunch chips and I get behind a lottery dirtbag.

Sure I have nothing better to do than while away my commute minutes standing downwind of your greasy demi-mullet, getting a whiff of Italian hoagie onions and stale cigaratte smoke.

I woke up this morning wanting nothing more than to watch a strangers financial planning strategies. I was especially pleased when your first attempt at untold wealth yeilded a $10 winner. Rather than squirrel away that gem for cigs when the end if the month strikes, you instead opt to re-invest that winner into 5 loser tickets for the benefit for all those working class types that are waiting pensively in line behind you to see.

I could say something I am sure, but at 44 I understand that you cannot shame something like that, only piss it off (oowwf in river rat parlance). I would have better luck explaining physics to a canine, than explaing how monopolizing a line populated by those who make your SSI check possible, is considered poor form.

I am sure if I tried to explain the above, your dirtbag honor would then need defending. Since I don’t need an assault charge for knocking out one of you six remaining, crooked, nicotine stained, choppers, I do nothing except no longer stop at those stores while in a hurry.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just the other day I saw a guy buy 5 $20 scratch offs. He won absolutely nothing. You would think that after that sad waste of $100 he would be cured of the lotto fever but he’ll be back just as soon as he scrapes up some more money. That next ticket is gonna be a winner.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BrianC:
One of the banes of my existence is people buying lottery tickets either at the checkout line of the customer service counter. I was at the customer service counter of my local grocery store (overcharged for an item) and got stuck behind a guy who spent $96.00 on various lottery tickets. All different kinds, of course.

What is the other place?? You said either but only went on to cite one. Thanks

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Yes, lottery players are very annoying.

Even more annoying when you know someone who is at the local convenience store every day scratching tickets. Then when you see them elsewhere, they complain how they have no money, or they ask you to borrow some.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I don't think $96 would go very far for hookers and blow.

Not here, but in Thailand . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post