SIGforum
Spring!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5840053764

March 09, 2020, 08:39 AM
Blume9mm
Spring!
Actually the trigger bar spring on a p239... I had spent over 4 hours switching out the trigger mechanisms on two p239s.... DAK vs SA/DA... most damn tedious thing I've done in along time.... besides getting the hammer parts back in just right I had to struggle with the dern locking bar again.... and was on the down hill side of finishing up with the DAK and went to put the trigger bar spring on and ..... YEP!.. it went flying. I heard it hit in the general direction the problem is it was on a part of my work bench with about 500 different items stacked and loose .... Easier to just order another two (extra for the next time) from Brownells.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
March 09, 2020, 01:38 PM
Krazeehorse
Hope that eventually you can look back and laugh.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
March 09, 2020, 01:45 PM
YooperSigs
Get a cat. Mine is excellent at locating lost springs.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
March 09, 2020, 06:32 PM
Blume9mm
I already laughed.... not really that big a deal in retrospect.... putting the dern hammer assembly together for the SA/DA set up just about did me in..... there is a little spring on the side of the hammer that just about drove me crazy. I was using my legion p226 and another one as a point of reference for the SA/DA trigger and then I did not think I was going to ever get the locking insert back in right on it... (slot on the pin goes down)

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
March 10, 2020, 09:22 AM
Eponym
Vernal Equinox!