SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Leaving to take your black dog for a walk as twilight concludes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving to take your black dog for a walk as twilight concludes Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Naturally you, sir, with your black hair, will choose to wear all black clothes and keep your dog alongside you with a black leash.

Brilliant.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
And more than likely walk on the right-hand side of the road with your back to traffic...

Posts: 8421 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
And more than likely walk on the right-hand side of the road with your back to traffic...
even though there is a sidewalk 6 feet away

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And do it in the Yoop, where high snowbanks make it mandatory to walk in the travel lane.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AKA a Darwin candidate, although it’s tragic about the dog who did nothing to deserve such a fate.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If sucks that if you don't see them and hit them, it is your fault, I doubt that it is taken into account, Darwin was at work

I have stopped and offered a safety vest to the walker before but they usually don't accept it.

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I walk my black dog after dark. We don't have a lot of choice in the winter. Miss Wondermutt and I walk on the left, facing traffic, and move to the grass when a car approaches.

Also black is my flashlight, which I use to illuminate the dog when a car approaches, use as a guide beacon as the car gets closer (shine it on the ground, moving the beam away from me and the dog), and am not afraid to shine right in a driver's face if they get too close too quickly. The method has been proven effective.

Thanks, RC, for the vest offer. I couldn't get Miss Wondermutt too wear it. She said it clashed with her black leash. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The flashlight is a good idea

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Dog wears a light.

Its a NIte Eyz LED light with carabiner for on her collar. Its off, constant on or flashing.

I carry an old Surefire 6P.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I don’t walk at night, but if I did I’d have a flashlight and wear one of these, guaranteed: https://www.amazon.com/41113-I...id=1579098950&sr=8-9

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3956 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I watched an older gentlemen get run over and killed 3 years ago.

He would slowly walk past me every morning as I made my delivery, we had a wave and smile type relationship. He was dressed in his customary dark grey Dickies pants, and dark grey hoody. The morning had been foggy but had lifted leaving everything sodden and dark.

As I told the responding officer, it’s a damned shame for him and the driver both. If there was ever a case of someone going out and getting themselves killed this is it. It was a terrible thing to witness.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Dog wears a light.

Its a NIte Eyz LED light with carabiner for on her collar. Its off, constant on or flashing.

I carry an old Surefire 6P.
Our dog has one of those in green he wears. Looks like an alien hovering and traveling on snow covered ground at night.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post