SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You know an AR-15 is actually the receiver, right? No, maybe not #facebookfelony
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You know an AR-15 is actually the receiver, right? No, maybe not #facebookfelony Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Finally! I can use my favorite ATF meme!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I don't know the man...but he strikes me as a well-intentioned man committing a meaningless gesture.

A few random thoughts...

...I wonder if he has other firearms in the house and whether he plans on destroying those as well...or is this meaningless gesture is reserved for "evil" guns only?

There was a wonderful AR article that described the situation the Brits put themselves in before they entered into WWII in which guns were in short supply due to their gun control measures and the resultant withering of gun production in Britain. What few firearms they had were issued to their military, and there were precious few guns remaining in either governmental or private hands for the defense of their country by citizens. Many U.S. citizens donated their personally owned guns so that the British government could distribute them to the various civilian defense forces prior to the expected German invasion and occupation.

...I wonder hypothetically, IF guns in the U.S. were to be banned, and afterwards future generations later found themselves to be in a situation that firearms could possibly be needed, just how many lives could have been saved, how much misery could have been averted, if they had instead remained in existence?

They are not just life-taking tools...they are life-saving tools as well.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Why do "Liberals" blame inanimate objects for human Actions?

Think about the last time anyone got pissed at the cops for shooting someone.

Whatever the circumstances, did anyone, anywhere blame the cop's gun?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Finally! I can use my favorite ATF meme!
What, your favorite ATF memes are little blue boxes with white question marks?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Sadly, I clicked on his Facebook link and he went on to chop the upper and lower into pieces...so no felony SBR, just step 1 of destroying it.

That's OK, my wife texted me the other day asking how many AR's I had...2? Sure...2, we can go with that Wink

Hmmm

My wife not only does not know how many guns I have, she does not care! That is purely my business. If I had an AR, she would not know it if it fell on her foot.

I suppose I should be concerned/outraged at the total lack of any type of common sense being seen in the LSM these days. But I just consider the source of all those asinine opinions and keep moving on. I do not watch more than about 10 minutes of "news" a day, it is all either on OANN or Fox.

I find I sleep better and my blood pressure at last check had reduced from "somewhat elevated" to 127/72 and that after I quit taking the medication.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
There are now at least 3-4 folks who have very publicly either sawed up guns so they don't jump up and kill someone or turned in to police department.

It's going to become the next Tide Pod challenge, with similar stupid results but the same participants.

Damn, guns must have gone crazy since I was sleeping in the barracks with about 50 M1 Garands kept in rifle racks in the aisles. And not once in years did a single one of them go crazy and start shooting people

Just like not a single damned car in this country goes crazy and does a solo attack on other cars, pedestrians or bicycles.

I guess a couple generations of alinsky schools leads to such crap.

Used to be students were taught, and then required, to actully THINK!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
So, he says “If it saves the life of just one child, it will be worth it”

Was he planning on killing children? Did he not trust himself with it? Does he have any other firearms? If he does, will he be destroying those?

YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

This was THE FIRST thing that came to my mind!!!!

How many kids did this asshole plan to kill with that rifle? If he didn't plant to kill them himself, how lax are his security measures that he fears it might get stolen?

Self-righteous prick. May his chains rest easy.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Meaningless gesture for sure. Granted, 17 kids lost their lives on 2/14/18 because of this deranged individual, but, statistically, 11 teens per day die while texting and driving.

So, from the 14th to the 20th, 77 lives were lost - maybe in states where there are LAWS against doing such things. But it still happened - WHY? - because ultimately some people are going to do what they want to do regardless of laws and potential consequences.

Where is the call for cell phone bans? Non-existent. If this were really about kids, this guy in the video would be on the side of the road at the local high school, every day, with a sign that says don't text and drive. But he's not - because his video isn't about saving kids, it's about preserving an ideology.

The hypocrisy and outright untruths make me sick...

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Why do "Liberals" blame inanimate objects for human Actions?

Think about the last time anyone got pissed at the cops for shooting someone.

Whatever the circumstances, did anyone, anywhere blame the cop's gun?

Excellent point.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post