SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You know an AR-15 is actually the receiver, right? No, maybe not #facebookfelony
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You know an AR-15 is actually the receiver, right? No, maybe not #facebookfelony Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
http://katu.com/news/offbeat/i...-of-florida-shooting

1) While private citizens are generally at liberty to destroy their own personal property, "destroying" your privately owned AR, in the manner depicted in your video, will not prevent the next mass-shooting unless your plan was to sell your AR to a mass shooter.

2) You didn't actually destroy your AR by sawing off the barrel, rather, you just converted your formerly legally configured 20" SP-1 AR into an un-registered single-shot short-barreled rifle. In other words, in your rush to publicize your own self-righteousness, your ignorance of the actual configuration of your rifle and the law have caused you to, instead, record yourself committing a felony.

While I am sad that an SP-1 was destroyed, if you are the kind of person who would do this, then you're right, you should not own a gun. Please divest yourself of all your other guns too.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I clicked on his Facebook link and he went on to chop the upper and lower into pieces...so no felony SBR, just step 1 of destroying it.

That's OK, my wife texted me the other day asking how many AR's I had...2? Sure...2, we can go with that Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sure...2, we can go with that

Yep! Big Grin

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
Sadly, I clicked on his Facebook link and he went on to chop the upper and lower into pieces...so no felony SBR, just step 1 of destroying it.

That's OK, my wife texted me the other day asking how many AR's I had...2? Sure...2, we can go with that Wink

No, he is still a felon. This crime has no intent element, therefore, the proseuction does not have to show that he intended to keep the firearm in an illegal configuration.

At one point (like when he sat the SBR on his lap at the end of the video) he had an SBR.

quote:
26 U.S.C.A. (National Firearms Act or "NFA"):

5845(a)(3)

For the purposes of this chapter, the term "firearm" means a

rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in

length.

5845(c)

The term "rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or

remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed

or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the

explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile

through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger, and

shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to

fire a fixed cartridge.

5841(b)

Each manufacturer, importer, and maker shall register each

firearm he manufactures, imports, or makes. Each firearm

transferred shall be registered to the transferee by the

transferor.

5811(a) and (c)

There shall be levied, collected, and paid on firearms

transferred a tax at the rate of $200 for each firearm

transferred, except, the transfer tax on any firearm classified

as any other weapon under section 5845(e) shall be at the rate of

$5 for each such firearm transferred.

The tax imposed by subsection (a) of this section shall be

payable by the appropriate stamps prescribed for payment by the

Secretary.

5861(c) and (f)

It shall be unlawful for any person to receive or possess a

firearm made in violation of the provisions of this chapter.

It shall be unlawful for any person to make a firearm in violation of the provisions of this chapter.

The fact that he chopped it up more later is just spoliation of evidence. It does not matter whether he intended to chop the gun up more, it only had to exist in the unregistered state at some point in time [while meeting the definition 5845(a)(3)].

Had he had the wherewithal to chop the receiver first, it would have been a complete destruction of the firearm.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
But, otherwise his gun could have "committed a horrific act.".

That's a really incredible gun!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So, he says “If it saves the life of just one child, it will be worth it”

Was he planning on killing children? Did he not trust himself with it? Does he have any other firearms? If he does, will he be destroying those?

Seems to me unless he was planning on killing children he has accomplished nothing. Glad he didn’t dislocate his shoulder patting himself on his back for “doing something” ... Roll Eyes

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
What a moron.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, he says “If it saves the life of just one child, it will be worth it”

I tend to laugh at their logic.

Would he support a ignition interlock on every vehicle that measures alcohol content in the blood before operation of that vehicle became possible?

Would he support vastly increased penalties for impaired driving and changes in the laws to make it possible to run tests without any probable cause? Sentencing that involved a jail term and a loss of their driving privileges for life?

Chances are, it would save one child.

It might actually save many more than that.

quote:
In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States. Of the 1, 1,132 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2015, 209 (16%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.Jun 16, 2017

Think about it... Nancy Pelosi produces a produce that kills significantly more people per years than any manufacturer of any AR or any other rifle. She going to step up and close down?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping the sparks might set his deck on fire.

I’m not a huge fan of “gestures”. Accomplish something, do something, or don’t. He accomplished nothing. He saved no one.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
One of my libtard friends shared this video. I promptly informed her he didn't destroy anything as the lower is where the value and "rifle" is. He was just being a douche and probably shot the barrel out and needed a new one anyway.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Nancy Pelosi produces a produce that kills significantly more people per years than any manufacturer of any AR or any other rifle.
This might be one of my dense days, but I don't understand the reference to Ms. Pelosi. What product does she produce?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
There are now at least 3-4 folks who have very publicly either sawed up guns so they don't jump up and kill someone or turned in to police department.

It's going to become the next Tide Pod challenge, with similar stupid results but the same participants.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Nancy Pelosi produces a produce that kills significantly more people per years than any manufacturer of any AR or any other rifle.
This might be one of my dense days, but I don't understand the reference to Ms. Pelosi. What product does she produce?

Cali is a major wine producer.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm going to start buying my chop saw blades where ever he shops. Turned that thing into SBR in seconds.

Luckily he saved us from all the children he was planning on killing. Roll Eyes

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Has anyone dropped the warrant on him yet?

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"There's a lot of them out there but now there's one none less".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone could always report the moron to the feds and see if they will charge him with manufacturing a short barreled rifle... heck, I wonder what kind of legal precedent would be set if they opted not to charge him.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Why do "Liberals" blame inanimate objects for human Actions? Just a few weeks ago local news said the car went out of control crossed the centline and killed 3 people. Like the man or driver behind the wheel did not do it!

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Why do "Liberals" blame inanimate objects for human Actions? Just a few weeks ago local news said the car went out of control crossed the centline and killed 3 people. Like the man or driver behind the wheel did not do it!
I'm sure you meant it rhetorically, but one can control people directly or indirectly. Blaming an object achieves the same end with less resistance.

In the case of reckless driving of all sorts, push for autonomous vehicles. In the case of gun violence, first appeal to emotion for "reasonable restrictions" and incrementally proceed from there.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I wish I could screen-shot my argument i got into on the old Facebook with one of my clueless friends about this. I outlined everything LDD posted above.

This man in the video is a moron. Plain and simple.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post