SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    This un's gonna be my fault, somehow.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This un's gonna be my fault, somehow. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your bad situation.

I believe the storm you are referring to was Hurricane Ike in Sept. 2008.

Thankfully I already had a generator, as we had a Valentines Day Ice Storm a couple of years prior. we were w/o elec. for 4 days and 3 nights. Hurricane Ike only affected us for 12 hours, but others were not so fortunate.

My generator has been passed around to friends on several occasions, everyone who has borrowed it, offered to have it serviced when they were finished.

I hope your DIL recovers quickly.

As others have said, no good deed goes unpunished.

You are a good man.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Bolt Cutters are high loss tools.
Large Pipe Wrenches are high loss tools.
Ladders are high loss items.

Generators are one loss tools. Wink

Nice list, but you left off chainsaws. They always come home, but broken.

I guess different rules apply to different items. There was a day, I think in 2000 when we decided to replace the pool liner. The bolts were rusted beyond belief. We visited the flea market for 2 items. An assortment of bolt cutters and a huge quantity of stainless nuts and bolts. I liked the story about the dad needing a pipe wrench. I needed a bolt cutter. The only one not missing was the 3' one. It worked for my project but I knew it was a bear to haul around.

The track hoe took out the pool along with the old house. But I've still got a full bag of 1/4 - 20 stainless nuts. Smile

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Only two people can borrow my tools, my Dad and my best friend. They always come back, they never go anywhere else, and they are always clean and in good working condition. On a recent project, I needed an brad nailer and air stapler. My friend merely said, "I've got the brad nailer, buy the stapler and then I can use it when I need it." And, of course, he was right. I used both his framing nailer, brad nailer and the stapler, and he is welcome to any of my tools any of the time. It cuts down, a small bit, on us each buying a bunch of specialty tools.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as what to do with your tools when you croak, a friend on mine has, what I think, is a good idea - “Funeral at 10 AM, Auction at 2PM” I think in between should be the wake...

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I have/had a nice lawn mower like that that my son borrowed about five or six years ago and I always kept it in an outside building out of the weather when not in use. Last time I saw it it was sitting rusting away in his backyard never stored out of the weather when not in use and it appeared to be falling apart.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post