SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Slipping and falling
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slipping and falling Login/Join 
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
When I was about forty years old, I was climbing on a roll off dumpster that was loaded on a truck. My feet were about four feet off of the ground. I slipped, fell backwards, and landed on my back and head. It hurt for a moment but I got up and went on with my day. Now, at 52, I'd probably be dead if that happened.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had two bad falls that I can remember. One was on an icy parking lot, that was slightly sloped. One second I was vertical, the next I was flat on my back and I mean flat. Nothing injured but my dignity. The other was in my backyard a few years ago. I was trying to pull a root out of the ground with both hands. I was bent over tugging and tugging, when it suddenly broke free. I went back-peddling about ten feet before falling backwards. The back of my head hit the ground with such force, that I immediately thought, had there been a rock there, I would have probably fractured my skull. As I age, I have become more aware of the dangers of a fall.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in the Frozen North, boot / shoe spikes are must. I dont go far without them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post