SIGforum
Slipping and falling

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5810004664

February 11, 2020, 08:54 AM
Suppressed
Slipping and falling
When I was about forty years old, I was climbing on a roll off dumpster that was loaded on a truck. My feet were about four feet off of the ground. I slipped, fell backwards, and landed on my back and head. It hurt for a moment but I got up and went on with my day. Now, at 52, I'd probably be dead if that happened.
February 11, 2020, 08:42 PM
NK402
I've had two bad falls that I can remember. One was on an icy parking lot, that was slightly sloped. One second I was vertical, the next I was flat on my back and I mean flat. Nothing injured but my dignity. The other was in my backyard a few years ago. I was trying to pull a root out of the ground with both hands. I was bent over tugging and tugging, when it suddenly broke free. I went back-peddling about ten feet before falling backwards. The back of my head hit the ground with such force, that I immediately thought, had there been a rock there, I would have probably fractured my skull. As I age, I have become more aware of the dangers of a fall.
February 12, 2020, 04:17 AM
YooperSigs
Here in the Frozen North, boot / shoe spikes are must. I dont go far without them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles