SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who pull out in front of you and then drive slow....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who pull out in front of you and then drive slow.... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
There is nobody behind me for miles... but you had to pull out in front of me and then do 15 under the speed limit!!!

When I am emperor, you will be sentenced to spend 10 years to walking behind a lethargic narcoleptic sloth everywhere you go.

Asshat

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of my worst pet peeves. Closely related are those who blast by you on the highway, jump in front of you, and immediately hit the brakes ending up going slower than you.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Of course I'm definitely an excellent driver.

Dad lets me drive slow in the driveways on Saturday. Never on Monday.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I love it if it's a passing lane and clear the other direction, I just pull by and pass them like they are standing still.

Usually a bunch of bluehairs or stupid texters.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
There is nobody behind me for miles... but you had to pull out in front of me and then do 15 under the speed limit!!!

When I am emperor, you will be sentenced to spend 10 years to walking behind a lethargic narcoleptic sloth everywhere you go.

Asshat

Yup.

There's a spot between us and town where people pull out in front of you from the right, amble up the road a few hundred yards and turn left. It could be clear behind you right to the county line but they're much too impotent (no, I didn't mis-spell that) to wait an extra 10 seconds.

I often fantasize about having a missile launcher behind the headlights a' la James Bond...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
This happened to me last week on a 70 mph 2 lane highway. The jerk just pulled out like I didn't exist. Nobody behind me and nobody coming at us in the northbound lane. If I hadn't have passed him on a double yellow, I'd have run up his tailpipe more than likely.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
And a related rant I believe I posted is when I'm over-taking a semi going 5-10 mph slower than I am on a four lane and they pull into the passing lane because they are going 1 mph faster than the truck ahead of them so they take a mile or two and a minute or two to pass.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, I love it if it's a passing lane and clear the other direction, I just pull by and pass them like they are standing still.

Usually a bunch of bluehairs or stupid texters.

Stretch of road on the way to my parent's house.
2 lane for the majority with a couple passing lanes.

Car does 10 under the limit on the 2 lane portion, hit the passing lane & they're going 10 over, then back to 10 under once it's back to 2 lanes.

Found out my car will snap 50-90 pretty quickly blasting around them before it returns to 2-lane.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Stretch of road on the way to my parent's house.
2 lane for the majority with a couple passing lanes.

Car does 10 under the limit on the 2 lane portion, hit the passing lane & they're going 10 over, then back to 10 under once it's back to 2 lanes.

Found out my car will snap 50-90 pretty quickly blasting around them before it returns to 2-lane.

I have need to go to Ellsworth (the nearest town big enough to support any decent shopping) about once a week. The only way you can get there from here is via US-1. It is 20.3 miles from my house to the parking lot at the grocery store. In that distance, there are precisely 3 places to pass with any degree of margin at all, and one of them is pretty sketchy.

When I get behind the self appointed traffic cops like you describe in the car or truck, about 95% of the time I just suck it up while mentally mapping out their family tree (hint: no branches...)

When I'm on the bike, however...GAME ON! I get behind them, snick it into Sport mode if it's not already, drop down however many gears it takes to put it in the Sweet Spot (around 6000 RPM) and as soon as there's a hole...KOWABUNGA! In third gear it will do 35 to 90 most ricky-tick. By the time I have time to look in the mirror they're too far back to see the shaking fist, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
It's even more aggravating when they do that, go about 200 yds and turn at the next street.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Oh my lawd, I hate this shit with a passion. Mostly large trucks and SUV’s do it around these parts. You don’t want to burn the extra fuel needed to avoid causing the person behind you frustration? Buy a different vehicle you ass holes! I had an old lady do this to me in a blind turn out in the country. I thought for sure I was a goner. Managed to get the bike stopped by jamming on front and rear brakes and had my foot down on the pavement in case it wanted to low slide. She started accelerating like it was a school bus. Pissed off, as soon as I hit a straight, I was gone. I’m so sick of shit drivers.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Icing and sprinkles for this piece would be when the dumb shits actually wake up after you have been able to get around them.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
And a related rant I believe I posted is when I'm over-taking a semi going 5-10 mph slower than I am on a four lane and they pull into the passing lane because they are going 1 mph faster than the truck ahead of them so they take a mile or two and a minute or two to pass.

We call that a tractor-trailer drag race!

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well if this isn't a rant everyone can get onboard with. Only thing I'll ding you for is one small correction.

quote:
When I am emperor, you will be sentenced to spend 10 years to walking behind a lethargic narcoleptic sloth everywhere you go in really uncomfortable shoes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tourist season in the Yoop.
And we have roundabouts. No need to comment further. Hurry labor Day!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Back when I had an UNMARKED Hwy Patrol car...I tuned up a LOT of annoying drivers. Not surprising , many also had warrants, suspended D/L's, NO insurance, etc. FROM their constant bad driving habits.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
This is why a 50 should be a factory option. Sights could be be synced to the head-up display.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
This is why a 50 should be a factory option. Sights could be be synced to the head-up display.

I like how you think. Maybe something in a 20 mike-mike for the Behemoth RV's.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Tourist season in the Yoop.
And we have roundabouts. No need to comment further. Hurry labor Day!

Had to Google roundabout, I was thinking runabout, how is a small boat causing traffic? When I found images of them, it makes sense.

Round here we call them traffic circles and everywhere they've been added traffic flow is better.

What's your beef with them,?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

What's your beef with them,?

The only issue that I have had with traffic circles was in Athens, Ga. They have stop signs on them.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post