SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who pull out in front of you and then drive slow....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who pull out in front of you and then drive slow.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In the immortal words of George Carlin, anyone going slower than you is an asshole and anyone going faster is a maniac.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roundabouts: People inexperienced with them fail to enter them at the right time. Or stop to let others into the pattern. And sometimes people actually go the wrong way in them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
This is why a 50 should be a factory option. Sights could be be synced to the head-up display.

I want that emp pulse thing that disables their motor. I’d mount it on every vehicle I own. Bam, side of the road bitch. Have fun waiting on a tow.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I hear you. I don't care what you do as long as it doesn't affect how I drive.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
There is nobody behind me for miles... but you had to pull out in front of me and then do 15 under the speed limit!!!

When I am emperor, you will be sentenced to spend 10 years to walking behind a lethargic narcoleptic sloth everywhere you go.

Asshat

They must be part of the same union that drives in the left hand lane on any 4-lane road...especially last Friday when I was driving from VA to SC on I-95

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Tourist season in the Yoop.
And we have roundabouts. No need to comment further. Hurry labor Day!

Had to Google roundabout, I was thinking runabout, how is a small boat causing traffic? When I found images of them, it makes sense.

Round here we call them traffic circles and everywhere they've been added traffic flow is better.

What's your beef with them,?

We have a few roundabouts here also and I would guess MAYBE 60% of the motorists understand how to properly negotiate one. They all seem to want to pull up to them and STOP (there isn't a stop sign) and wait forever and let 50 cars through with wide spacing before venturing through.

These are both locals and tourists.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoveEgg:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
And a related rant I believe I posted is when I'm over-taking a semi going 5-10 mph slower than I am on a four lane and they pull into the passing lane because they are going 1 mph faster than the truck ahead of them so they take a mile or two and a minute or two to pass.

We call that a tractor-trailer drag race!

In Germany that was called an elephant race. And the Polizei were not happy to see it. Nor were the truck drivers who got the tickets.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
This is why a 50 should be a factory option. Sights could be be synced to the head-up display.

I like how you think. Maybe something in a 20 mike-mike for the Behemoth RV's.

My choice would be an M79.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A slightly similar one yesterday (around 1030PM). Little hatchback in front of me getting off the highway, randomly braking for no reason. Move over to pass (3 lane frontage road) & glance over as I go by, bright screen from his phone held in front of the airbag & driver's nose down paying more attention to it than the road in front. Mad

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
A slightly similar one yesterday (around 1030PM). Little hatchback in front of me getting off the highway, randomly braking for no reason. Move over to pass (3 lane frontage road) & glance over as I go by, bright screen from his phone held in front of the airbag & driver's nose down paying more attention to it than the road in front. Mad

That’s every day every drive here. I use the phone as a tool. It’s like knowing heroin isn’t good for you and is highly addictive. The phone is the same. What’s funny is I can’t stand watching/viewing shit on the little bitty screen. I want an IPad/Laptop to read, like say Sig Forum. If I’m going to watch video like films, I want it on a big screen at home. The phone is for mobile use when NOT DRIVING, and bored out of my mind, like sitting in a doctor’s office or waiting on my lady to cut my damn hair. I don’t understand these fuck sticks who can’t put it down to drive, really? I wish LEO’s could just arrest their dumbasses. Jails would be so full prisoners would be in county, outside in tents, in the heat due to overcrowding. That would teach them. Nobody wants to change the law, yet people die every day from driving while phone screen viewing. LOCK THEM UP! LOCK THEM UP!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yep, I've got a vent mount for my phone & use it for Waze & Spotify, otherwise it's off.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every day here. Usually elderly but I can't understand why they're in a hurry to pull out in front of me and then go slow.
Roundabouts were plentiful in the Salt Lake City area and I learned quickly how to navigate one.
On the bike, I'll let them go and when I see an opening, I'm gone.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I'm one of those that find it hard to get through the gears like I'm in a race.
If the coming traffic is going the speed limit they wouldn't have a problem, imo.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
When this happens to me (not "if," but "when" because it's gonna happen to us all!), and when I get a chance to pass them, I usually give them the German "verrückt" (insane) signal. Think, "you're cuckoo," pointing to your head.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Lets add the idiots that pull out across your lane, forcing you to hit the brakes, while looking right at you, as happened yesterday,

I'm sure the ditzygal was tired of sitting there but frankly you ditz headed twit, if I didn't hit the brakes you didn't have time, and my 3 ton pickup hitting your drivers door would have ruined your day at 45 mph... As would the guy you cut off in the oncoming lanes to get out...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Or, how about those who are slow, and when you pass them (or try) they speed up.

Pro Tip: If there's someone behind you and no one in front of you, GTF out of the way!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
For me, its people with Handicap license plates. From what I've seen, they do that more than any other class of driver. It's like their heads are on swivels, and they always drive 20% under the speed limit, and usually hog the left lane. They stay stopped when a light turns green, merge onto interstate at 35 mph, short stop, change lanes randomly, have more shit in their car that a homeless person, then park in a handicap spot and hop-skip-and jump into Lowes or Home Depot ahead of you, and do the same shit with a shopping cart or a scooter that they do with their cars.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

For me, its people with Handicap license plates . . . park in a handicap spot and hop-skip-and jump into Lowes or Home Depot
Really? You're gonna paint all of us with the same brush? I have that license plate because I have a difficult time with balance when I'm using two hands to carry something out of a store and I can't use my cane to help with stability. It has nothing to do with my driving (or flying an airplane).

My "selfie":

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
You're right. I should have said "For me, its DRIVERS with Handicap license plates."

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post