Tools

EBT Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
True story.

My dad is down on his luck. Lost his job. Has three kids and a wife to feed, and a mortgage. Never been on unemployment or welfare in his life.

Went to the local welfare office. Saw about ten "minority" folks apply, and be treated very professionally by the office staff. Smiled out the door with their new found benefits.

Dads turn in the office. His turn to get interviewed. Lady tells him, "You're white. You can easily get a job." Benefits denied. Nothing. Nada. Get lost honky.
He needs to try again. Record everything. Then, youtube? Local news "problem solvers?" State and / or Federal authorities?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
EBT is one of the few issues that I have no time nor sympathy for. In Kentucky, EBT is nothing more that free junk food. We have the fattest poor people on the face of the Earth.

Every retailer is looking to get a piece of the action because there is so much money involved in the handouts. Want Fried Chicken? Not a problem. Buy it uncooked, and demand the place to cook it for you. The hand out crowd gets the same food that we have to pay for.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
EBT is one of the few issues that I have no time nor sympathy for. In Kentucky, EBT is nothing more that free junk food. We have the fattest poor people on the face of the Earth.

Every retailer is looking to get a piece of the action because there is so much money involved in the handouts. Want Fried Chicken? Not a problem. Buy it uncooked, and demand the place to cook it for you. The hand out crowd gets the same food that we have to pay for.

Heck, here in Florida Burger King, KFC and places like that take EBT for fast food.....

You can actually eat fried food cheaper than you can make something at home sometimes..... 2 mcdonalds cheeseburgers for lunch $2, Pollo tropical a 1/4 chicken with rice and beans $2.99.....etc...... but that's not what these people are usually getting.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
True story.

My dad is down on his luck. Lost his job. Has three kids and a wife to feed, and a mortgage. Never been on unemployment or welfare in his life.

Went to the local welfare office. Saw about ten "minority" folks apply, and be treated very professionally by the office staff. Smiled out the door with their new found benefits.

Dads turn in the office. His turn to get interviewed. Lady tells him, "You're white. You can easily get a job." Benefits denied. Nothing. Nada. Get lost honky.
He needs to try again. Record everything. Then, youtube? Local news "problem solvers?" State and / or Federal authorities?

That was 30 years ago.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
here in Florida ... You can actually eat fried food cheaper than you can make something at home ... Pollo tropical a 1/4 chicken with rice and beans $2.99
Are you sure about this? Maybe the Pollo Tropical is different in your area. The location in Altamonte Springs, here in Florida, does not offer any fried chicken. It's all grilled, not fried (tasty, too). The menu here has 1/4 chicken with one side -- rice and beans, or a choice of vegetables -- for $4.99, not $2.99. Your location looks like quite a bargain at $2.99.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
True story.

my grandparents were farmers all their life,

grandfather passed in 78, grandmother got survivor benefits, and since they were farm managers not farm owners, and the farm was sold by the owner shortly afterward, she moved to a house on a piece of land they had owned for years,

she was having a tough time making ends meet back about 30 yrs ago or so, and Mom decided to take her up to the local Welfare office and see if she could qualify for benefits or just food stamps,

no welfare benefits, she was a home owner, (worth maybe 20K back then)

she did qual for food stamps, a grand whopping total of $16 a month,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Ain't that the truth. That's why I always say there are no poor people in this country. In other countries the poor people can count their ribs. In this country they count their McRibs and double/triple chins.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shortly after I got out of pharmacy school my bosses brother (also a pharmacist) was going tru a divorce and I was sent to help him run his pharmacy while he was going thru that stressful time. One evening he asked me if I would like to come to supper with him, I said sure and we went to the store to pick up some steaks and stuff. At the store this black woman with several kids was paying for her food with food stamps, the clerk told her that she could not pay for her dog food with her food stamps, so she yelled at one of her brood to go get some hamburger because the dog liked it better anyway. Well my host didn’t say a word, we bought our stuff, when to his house cooked our supper . But the next day he called one of the local political folk, gave them the woman’s name and explained what was said and that started a investigation, turned out that some of the brood that she was claiming as hers to the welfare and food stamp folks were not really hers, she and her sister were pooling their kids to increase the amount that they each received from the government dole. Both were kicked off food stamps and were charged with cheating the government. Just because they wouldn’t let her pay for dog food with her food stamps.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post