SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Oopsie. My bad. Forgot 41st Anniversary.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oopsie. My bad. Forgot 41st Anniversary. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Dang, with so much going on it completely blew by.

We usually do a road trip or such around the end of Oct for our anniversary. But a busy time along with the rona kind of nixed that. I kind of meant to plan at least a weekend trip to the mountains but it just never came to fruition and then I... forgot...

It was on 10/27. She said nothing... but I had noticed a distinct chill in the air for a few days... then, Wednesday we stopped in the cafe for supper, all good, but when we got home I noticed she had bought something to bring home. She put the little sack on the counter. I ask what you got there? "Fudge" she said... "I thought we could have it for our Anniversary".

Crap! Crap! Crap!

The fudge still sits on the counter... but after we came home tonight she asked "Want some fudge... or is it still to soon?" I'm still full from lunch so I say "No"

Crap!

I missed a reference again... "still to soon?"... until just now! Dang, I'm slipping. Eek

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
That’s what the calendar is for on your iPhone. I log every birth, death, anniversary and so on.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Damn. That sucks. I almost forgot this year, and literally remembered on my way home. Turned around and bought flowers and a card.

You have some planning to do. I wish you luck!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
One word.

Dave Truong of Mimi's Jewelry.

OK, so that's like, eleven words.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Isn't it a two way street? An equal responsibility?

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:

Well she did bring the fudge!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus she wasn't the one who suffered the brain fart.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm guessing you're not married. Smile

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:

+1

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Google sheets has great capabilities to keep track of dates. I've hidden some other rows containing private information.

ETA: The End Date for my remaining Days to Live gets updated automatically based on actuarial tables.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, sure it is. Just like Valentine's Day is. That's why they (OK, we) invented SBJ Day a month later.

For cparktd, look at it this way: You have 8 years to practice for the Big One.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Hope the stay in the " dog house " doesn"t last too long. Our next one will be # 48 so I can feel you pain. .....just got reminded that it ill be #49............................................. drill sgt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Funny guys, thanks for the support... LOL.

It all good, she's cool. Down to earth farmers daughter.

Anyway...
So she brings me my share of the aforementioned fudge late last night and I proceeded to spend half the night on the toilet... Hummmm... Coincidence? Yea, I'm sure it was.

Date added to my calendar with reminders set.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:

+1

^ My guess exactly. I did that once. I really mean one time and one time only. It’s one of life’s hard lessons.

Always better to learn from someone else’s mistakes.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Plus she wasn't the one who suffered the brain fart.

There’s no way to know that. She’s just wily enough to remember first but stay quiet!

I’m guess blok also not married! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:

Anyway...
So she brings me my share of the aforementioned fudge late last night and I proceeded to spend half the night on the toilet... Hummmm... Coincidence? Yea, I'm sure it was.

Sounds like a Hallmark movie plot line. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
One of my son's has got everyone beat.

He not only forgot his first wedding anniversary, he made plans to go hunting with some buddies that weekend.

Ouch. I am sure he will be hearing about until his 41st anniversary.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got married the day after my birthday. Figured if nothing else, the candles, cake and presents would jog my memory... Big Grin

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:

Anyway...

Heh heh.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remembering works both ways . Why is the man always expected to buy gifts , flowers , etc. ? We have been married 40 yrs . It's not a big deal anymore . Just another day .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post