SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I've Only So Much Patience (Plus Gadsden & Culpeper Warning)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've Only So Much Patience (Plus Gadsden & Culpeper Warning) Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
On June 28 I ordered an Under Armour tank top from an eBay seller that should have been a fitted shirt. Instead it was a compression shirt. Politely emailed the seller, asking him how he'd like to handle the discrepancy. No reply. Shipping and all it was less than $7, so I was kind of considering just letting it go.

On July 2nd I ordered "Betsy Ross" and "Don't Tread On Me" flags from Gadsden and Culpeper. Promised 3-5 business day delivery. They "shipped" the next day, Wednesday. It's now ten days, and five business days, later and the shipping status hasn't changed from "USPS awaiting package." They haven't responded to email, Facebook message or Facebook post.

Today I ran out of patience. Filed a dispute over the shirt with eBay. Idiot can now not only refund me my entire cost, but pay for me to ship it back to him. Filed a dispute with PayPal over the G&C order, too. Won't be doing business with them ever again. I can understand the long Independence Day weekend fell in that time period, but enough is enough.

Gadsden and Culpeper did not answer the phone listed for them on their PayPal account, either.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gadsden and Culpeper

Whiles it's not an excuse to ignore a customers request, I'd imagine with the Nike/Ross situation and the subsequent massive amount of orders for the 4th they are swamped.

Rush created a Betsy Ross shirt with 100% of proceeds going to charity, he's noted several times they they have found 70 companies doing a knock off of his shirt to get money.

Anywho, I get it, and if you are so inclined
leave them a review here

https://gadsdenandculpeper.com/pages/reviews

and here

https://www.facebook.com/GadsdenAndCulpeper/

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I would feel the same way, I have ordered from Gadsden and Culpeper a few times in the past but it has been over a year.
I have not received a monthly/holiday ad email since February of this year. I will admit they were slow on shipping.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These folks don’t list the Betsy Ross Flag, but they do have others & ship fast. G & C also slow shipped my order. Couldn’t reach customer service either.[EMAIL] https://thedixieshop.com/collections/flags-2[/EMAIL]

Ps. You’ll get a 404 error code, ignore it and click “flag”.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from them several times, always got my order very quickly, and it's been good quality merchandise.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Gadsden and Culpeper

Whiles it's not an excuse to ignore a customers request, I'd imagine with the Nike/Ross situation and the subsequent massive amount of orders for the 4th they are swamped.

I took that into account. And the fact there was an intervening Independence Day holiday/long weekend.

Still: Allegedly shipping the next day and zero change in shipping status for ten days? Not answering any communication attempts?

I believe I was more than patient enough.

I would note, btw, that I filed the PayPal dispute yesterday morning and they haven't bothered to respond to that, either. (And still no change in shipping status.)

quote:
Anywho, I get it, and if you are so inclined
leave them a review here

https://gadsdenandculpeper.com/pages/reviews

I will. After this is all resolved. And on ResellerRatings.com.

quote:
and here

https://www.facebook.com/GadsdenAndCulpeper/

Like I wrote: I posted a comment on their Facebook page. No response.

I do note that, busy as they are, they somehow found the time to post to Facebook on July 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11

quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
I've ordered from them several times, always got my order very quickly, and it's been good quality merchandise.

Same here, but I won't be ordering from them again.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I ordered some flag shirts frome nine line over the holiday weekend. One shirt is a special run which will not ship until after the order period is closed which is the 19th. Any other items ordered with it will ship at the same time.

This was made very clear on the website as well as in pop ups when ordering. Tuesday evening I got a very warm email from them saying that the weekend was the largest ordering period they have ever had and while they are working around the clock there may be delays in getting the orders shipped. Thanks for the heads up.

To me, communications is the most important thing an on-line retailer can do keep my business. Buying on-line I expect thing to not always go right but if I can get a hold of someone via email or phone I am more likely to come back.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
To me, communications is the most important thing an on-line retailer can do keep my business.

I don't know as it's the most important thing, to me, but it's right up there.

quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Buying on-line I expect thing to not always go right but if I can get a hold of someone via email or phone I am more likely to come back.

I've always come back if the seller's communicated with me, has been forthright, and it wasn't sheer incompetence or carelessness on their part.

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I bought a Betsy Ross shirt from 1776 United, had it within 3 days. Really fast service, nice shirt too.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Many, many years ago I ordered some stickers from Gadsden and Culpeper. They showed just fine, but I bitched to them the sticker had their website URL across the bottom, though the examples on their website did not. To their credit, they sent me all new ones without. -1 for doing it, +1 for fixing it= a wash.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Luckily I have more patience than you. Ordered mine from FlagStoreUSA. I'm fine with whenever it arrives (ordered it whenever krap-a-shit nonsense came out). Still not here yet, I'm OK with that, not OK with the Midway level of SPAM I'm getting, 1-2 emails every single day. How may flags you think I need?

Same day I ordered new flagpole, mine is held together at midpoint by crazy glue and 50 star flag from Amazon. For some reason they sent me a box full of boxes weighing 50lbs. Fail on both my flag orders.

Hopefully my Betsy Ross flag shows up soon.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Luckily I have more patience than you.

Oh, I have lots of patience--when said patience is deserved. But claiming you've shipped, when obviously you have not, then ignoring all customer communications is not acceptable.

Particularly when, after an email, a Facebook message, a Facebook post to your timeline,and a PayPal payment dispute (each a day apart) all go unanswered, but you still somehow find the time to post about your products to Facebook.

Oh, and you can't find the time to answer your phone, either.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mine is in Jersey right now, want to race?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine is in Jersey right now, want to race?

Slowest package wins? Mine hasn't changed status since July 3. (Personally, I suspect they never actually, you know, shipped anything.)

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wifey texted me, I win or did I lose? It arrived today.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I think you won Smile

Meanwhile: The status of my package from Gadsden & Culpeper has not changed and they're maintaining radio silence.

Except on Facebook. They do manage to keep posting to their Facebook page.

Wow.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You may still be in the running. Flag pole only came with one clip and missing hardware. Will try to fix old one and get Betsy up ASAP, hopefully a self tapping screw will fix the pole separation issue without ruining spin action.

Amazon, you are 0-2 on flag pole purchase. First the box of boxes followed by missing hardware. Boo.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
You may still be in the running.

Highly unlikely, being as my complaint to PayPal was today escalated to a claim. Now it's "in the hands of the lawyers," so to say, as PayPal insists all further communications regarding this case be through them, and to disregard any one-to-one communications Gadsden and Culpeper may attempt to initiate.

If G&C run true to form, relative to what I've experienced, they'll ignore PayPal, too, and they'll be docked for my payment by default.

Meanwhile my package has still not moved since July 3 and, amazingly, G&C sent me a request to review them. I did Big Grin

(They haven't responded to that exceedingly negative review, either, other than to award me a discount on my next purchase for doing it.)

Wow.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We are back in a dead heat. Added set screw to keep old flag pole in one piece, success, locked pieces together and still spins.

Unpackaged Betsy, and she had a seem failing and some uneven stiching. Need to send it back, but it's flying for the rest of the day though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow, I may win, after all.

As of 22:21 yesterday the tracking status still had the package "USPS awaiting package" somewhere in NY.

Now, this morning at 07:24 I get a notice from USPS that "USPS expects to deliver your package on Thursday, July 18..." and Informed Delivery says

quote:

Arriving Today Thursday, Jul 18
------------------------------------------------

Gadsden and Culpeper
<tracking number>

Meanwhile: Still not a peep out of G&C

So it looks like it may have been another USPS snafu, because package "mysteriously" went from
quote:

July 3, 2019, 3:23 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
BALLSTON SPA, NY 12020

to
quote:

July 18, 2019, 4:07 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
DETROIT MI NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

without any intervening stops and no actual "USPS [in possession of/picked up] item."

Nonetheless: Still doesn't excuse G&C of utterly non-existent communications.

ETA: Looks like I win?

The Betsy Ross flag is quite nice.

Is it normal for a Gadsden flag to have "don't" spelled "dont?"

ETA2: Apparently so: In the Gadsden and Navy Jack 'Dont Tread on Me' flags does the 'don't' have an apostrophe?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,