SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Comcast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comcast Login/Join 
posted
The filthiest monopoly in America. Period.

Cancelled Comcast TV a few months back - had to keep their internet because they drove everyone else out of town.
o
Since cancelling, my internet performance has diminished by 75% - despite dozens of technical calls and complaints.

Contacted an attorney last week and he laughed. Told me Comcast has lined the pockets of every congress-critter in DC to allow them to do essentially whatever the F they want, without even a hint of repercussions.

Unreal.

Not sure when the meteor is going to hit - but I hope it lands in Philadelphia !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When we moved from Columbus, OH to Richmond in the fall of 2001, all you could get in the area was Comcast. They had the City locked down.

As you can expect it sucked, and we had problems every month with on billing, over charges etc...

It does not surprise me one bit what the attorney told you.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not disagreeing with your general premise, but are you sure you signed up for the same internet tier that you had with your TV service?

We also had internet and TV. Internet was the "Blast!" tier, which is 100mb. When we cancelled TV I dropped it down to 25mb because of the cost.

Also do you use their modem or do you own your own?

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Comcast is the absolute worst company I have had to deal with. They lied to me more then once. I started using their chat feature to communicate with them. They still lied. I would then cut and paste from my last chat. They just didn't care.

Most of the tecs that came up where ok but most didn't really know much past the very basics. Finally got a good one to fix my issues but that was after months of calls and visits.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Technical calls and visits with our local cable/internet provider involved similar games. The only thing that helped was when I filed a formal FCC complaint. Good luck.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
The filthiest monopoly in America. Period.

Cancelled Comcast TV a few months back - had to keep their internet because they drove everyone else out of town.
o
Since cancelling, my internet performance has diminished by 75% - despite dozens of technical calls and complaints.

Contacted an attorney last week and he laughed. Told me Comcast has lined the pockets of every congress-critter in DC to allow them to do essentially whatever the F they want, without even a hint of repercussions.

Unreal.

Not sure when the meteor is going to hit - but I hope it lands in Philadelphia !!!

I consider them little less than dishonest thieving scum.

Prior to moving in with us (Nov, 2016) my mother had a house (in IL) and one of the cable boxes was stolen at an estate sale.
All other items had been returned and we were billed for the stolen box, which could not be used anyway since if connected it would transmit an identification number.
We were subsequently billed for the final charges, the missing box and over-billed by $100.
Comcast sent us a letter with a "credit" for the $100 over-payment.
A "credit" which is absolutely useless to us since we do not have Comcast in our area.

About 6 mos later I start getting emails and calls that they want the missing box back or they will bill us.
I advised their dimwit of the fact we had already paid for the box, were owed a $100 credit and that he should contact their own billing department.

Yet again just two weeks ago I get an email from the same imbecile requesting $40 for the missing box.
I replied we had gone over this about 6 months prior, that if whoever stole the box hooked it up they could identify the thief, they could retrieve/keep the box AND keep the $40 we already paid,
I also requested that they send a check for the $100 that they owed my mother (by their own admission) .
So far crickets.

I fully expect these ass clowns will be contacting us again in a few months.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post