SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shingrix Vaccine
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shingrix Vaccine Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me, late 70's, had super sore arm, first night had chills, sweats and fever, and felt like crap next day. Then ok except for the sore arm.

Lucky you. Must have a good immune system.LOL

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve had both shots of the Shingrix vaccine. I didn’t think it was too bad at all. The series I didn’t like was the pneumonia vaccine; two years, or was it three? All hurt like hell and ached for a solid three days.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Haven't had pneumonia vaccine yet. When do you typically start those ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Haven't had pneumonia vaccine yet. When do you typically start those ?

Prevnar 13 or 23?

LINK: https://www.goodrx.com/blog/pn...t-is-the-difference/

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually right about now. The pharmacist advised I wait a week after Shingrix in case of side effects.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Sounds like in most cases you can wait until age 65 for pneumonia vaccine...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my Flu shot this morning along with my first dose of the Shingles vaccine . Now both arms are sore ! No other side affects at the moment .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
Sounds like in most cases you can wait until age 65 for pneumonia vaccine...
I asked about the Pneumonia vaccine and the NP said I'm too young ( 61 ) unless I have a history of one of the dozen things she read off the list . And I don't .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm 62 and immune compromised (diabetic), so I get the shot.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Follow up to my Flu and Shingles vaccines yesterday . Other than two sore arms , no other side effects .

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The best thing you can have for the flu is Sambucol. You can get it at Walmart and they usually have the best price. So stock up now.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sam...rup-4-fl-oz/26960364

I have read that the flu vaccine is less than 50 percent effective.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
The best thing you can have for the flu is Sambucol. You can get it at Walmart and they usually have the best price. So stock up now.

The effectiveness varies each year . I have no problem with increasing my odds of NOT getting the Flu by 50% .

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

The effectiveness varies each year . I have no problem with increasing my odds of NOT getting the Flu by 50% .

So what is your plan B if the vaccine doesn't work and you get the flu??

Last year, I used two bottles of Sambucol due to an infected tooth which can affect your sinuses. I try to keep at least four bottles in stock since during the flu season it is usually out of stock.

While I have a strong immune system, I still have not had the flu but one time and that was when a co-worker used my last bottle and didn't replace it. At the time you had to mail order Sambucol since no one locally carried it. You use it when you start to feel like you are catching something.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Just got the 1st Shingrix shot today.

I got the original shot a couple years ago but Doc convinced me to get this one.

I’ll be 62 in about 6 weeks.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
It’s been 26 hours since I got the shot.

I’ve no pain, no ache, no flu symptoms, no nothing, just normal every day health.

I don’t know if there is a period of time for any bad reaction to occur, or I’m just lucky.

posted Hide Post
People who have no reaction tend to not report. You are just lucky.

posted Hide Post
Dumb question. I just had a complete physical with my long-time physician, who is now part of a large practice (I'm 58). I asked him about getting the Shingrix vaccine. To my surprise, he said this vaccine is hard to obtain, and that his practice did not offer it. His suggestion was to go to a large chain drug store that give vaccinations (like CVS). He claimed they may have a waiting list to get the vaccination.

Is this true? Where did you all get your Shingrix vaccination?

Posts: 941 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^ I got mine at my local Costco, which has a lot of units in stock.

I’d been on a sort of waiting list at Walgreens but they never had it in stock for me. A friend of mine has been trying to get his shot at Walgreens, same story, never in stock.

Walgreens would not make a reservation list for people, they just told people to call weekly and to hurry down if they had some.

Good luck to you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Dumb question. I just had a complete physical with my long-time physician, who is now part of a large practice (I'm 58). I asked him about getting the Shingrix vaccine. To my surprise, he said this vaccine is hard to obtain, and that his practice did not offer it. His suggestion was to go to a large chain drug store that give vaccinations (like CVS). He claimed they may have a waiting list to get the vaccination.

Is this true? Where did you all get your Shingrix vaccination?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It depends on the region of the country. The best bet is to call serveral druggists. Sometimes the independents will have the vaccination available. I had no trouble with the first shot, the second shot required me to call several places.

posted Hide Post
My doctor didn't have it either, but Kroger did.