SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Late delivery - FedEx
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Late delivery - FedEx Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Just want to ask the Collective...I shipped an item Wednesday and paid to have it delivered by the end of the day Friday 17-JUL. It didn't get delivered, so now I'm looking at the tracking history and it says it won't be delivered until TUESDAY...WTF, over? Can I dispute the charge on my CC, because I just don't want to deal with FedEx's bullshit. What say you, Borg Collective?? TIA!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO, it wouldn't be right and I'm sure Fedex has wording in their contract that deals specifically with what you're going through that you signed. I would deal with Fedex first.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I agree with this ^

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I would give FedEx one chance to resolve the issue. If no joy there, then immediate dispute on credit card. I would not spend more than twenty minutes with FedEx, trying to deal with their failure to perform. That includes any time on hold, or being transferred from one customer NO-service rep to another.

The older I get, the less time I have remaining to deal with this stuff.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Agree with V-tail. I’m sure there’s some contract language as jimmy states, but this whole “read every contract you come in contact with” idea is burdensome. Especially when you pay for a service that is priced based on the delivery date they quote you.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Update: Package arrived today, 2 days late.

Glad it arrived before the updated estimate of Tuesday, but it kinda gives me a case of the screechin' read ass to pay for a specific service and the charging party doesn't hold up to their promise. What if I decided one day that instead of going to Fort Lauderdale as promised on your ticket, we'll just divert and go to Tampa? I wouldn't have a job for very freaking long, now would I?

Principle of the matter. Like THAT really matters anymore...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whether you like it or not all transportation companies are having issues with drivers being out sick. They've been operating through all of this the entire time and it's catching up. It's not the normal 1-2 days out sick because the sick employee has to first test negative for COVID then quarantine another 14 days.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:

Whether you like it or not all transportation companies are having issues with drivers being out sick.
Yet they still offer two-day delivery, and charge for the service that they do not provide. There is no excuse for that. If FedEx knows that they have delivery problems, they should neither offer two-day service, nor charge for it.

erj paid for the service. He (I assume that it's "he") should either receive that service or receive a refund. It is not ethical for FedEx to charge for a service that they do not provide.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:

Whether you like it or not all transportation companies are having issues with drivers being out sick.
Yet they still offer two-day delivery, and charge for the service that they do not provide. There is no excuse for that. If FedEx knows that they have delivery problems, they should neither offer two-day service, nor charge for it.

erj paid for the service. He (I assume that it's "he") should either receive that service or receive a refund. It is not ethical for FedEx to charge for a service that they do not provide.

The Money Back Guarantee has been suspended since early April. Just FYI.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

Glad it arrived before the updated estimate of Tuesday, but it kinda gives me a case of the screechin' read ass to pay for a specific service and the charging party doesn't hold up to their promise. What if I decided one day that instead of going to Fort Lauderdale as promised on your ticket, we'll just divert and go to Tampa? I wouldn't have a job for very freaking long, now would I?

How about if I send you some cigars as penance? Smile

Although I've been on vacation since June 26th, so I had nothing to do with anything!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
HAHAHA!! That's awfully generous, furlough, but totally unnecessary!! Big Grin Big Grin No worries, mate! Vented the steam and it's water under the bridge...Smile

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
FedEx has the disclaimer that, due to the current Rona crisis, the delivery guarantee no longer applies. So, if you want your shipping fee back, you're SOL.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

There are plenty of planes that have landed in places they weren't supposed to due to things outside of the airlines control. Diverted due to weather, landed at a different airport due to a passenger illness, runway closed due to a variety of reasons at the destination airport.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Even before the virus, fighting Fedex on its delivery times was bullshit hoop-jumping. They always claimed some sort of excuse when i tried on behalf of the company i worked for at the time.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post