SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Despise the Idjits on facebook and their Cr*p!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Despise the Idjits on facebook and their Cr*p! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Traditionally, quarantines apply to those sick, or at risk. If you have issues and fear the virus, stay home. Don't make ME stay home because YOU might get sick. As far as facebook goes, it's a tool. I use it well for communicating, for example, with other retirees from my career field and my daughters and grandchildren. I'm in two "groups" and have 5 "friends." I have no problem with FB, because I control it. Easy peasy.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am watching the ones who will take the time to read this entire post and react. Please, in honor of someone who is fighting Severe Asthma, Addison’s disease, Endometriosis, M.E, Rheumatoid Arthritis, POTS, MCAD, Sjogren's, Scleroderma, Hashimoto Disease, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Sarcoidosis, Hepatitis, Raynauld's Syndrome, Diabetes, Mold Illness, Celiac, CROHN’S, Ulcerative Colitis, Pemphigus, SPS, MS, PBC, Psoriatic Arthritis, Psoriasis ,CIDP, MMN, GPA , CRPS and every other autoimmune disease, copy and paste to your page and reply "DONE" on mine.

The scroll button on facebook was made for posts that contain blurbs like these.

What does copy and pasting do for it except clutter other people's pages with non-sensical BS and to feed people's egos that they are some sort of social media infulencer.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I do not have a Facebook account however I do look at my wife's account. Every time I see dumb, unfounded "news" the first thing I look for is a credible source it was posted from.
If I do not see a credible source I may do a Bing search to see if it is even real. If I even bother. Most of the time it is bullshit and a way for the uninformed to try to make themselves look like they know what they are talking about.
I also see a lot of people regurgitating the same unverified crap all the time.
I have been tempted so many times to question what people post as to their sources however it is not my account.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

That was a bit harsh.

She's not from this country and English is not her first language.

Consequently, she's open to what she gets from her "friends."

Found out who it came from and plan to have a few words with her.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
As much as I despise Facebook and find it useless, I'm reminded that it's not Facebook... It's the people on Facebook that fuck it all up.

Facebook shows us what's wrong with the Internet.

Close. Facebook shows us what's wrong with many people.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:

Why isn't your wife capable of hearing other people's statements, distinguishing between fact and opinion, and then assessing the validity and applicability of such statements?

I would be pissed, for instance, if someone told my 2 year old to drink drain cleaner from under the sink. But, there's an implied understanding that a 2 year old doesn't have the critical thinking necessary to do anything with that statement other than to take it at face value and an implied understanding that what you tell a 2 year old should be subject to the guardians supervision and approval.

If your wife is intellectually disabled, then you should be supervising her activities on Facebook, perhaps screening her friends and blocking posts from strangers?
Dude! The man's wife comes from a different culture, she learned English as a second (maybe third? fourth?) language. The values and customs that she grew up with are probably not the same as your background. How about we show a little sensitivity here, for somebody who comes to our country from the other side of the world.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Mark Zuckerberg should get right on that....Spreading 'Misinformation' & stuff! Everyone else should get off Facebook! Roll Eyes

It wasn't so much that, it's the asshats that promote PANIC!!!

Her "friends"...

Tell your wife she needs new friends. Ones that don't use Facebook.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Hey all,

I said some pretty shitty things earlier in this thread. No excuse for it, it was just straight mean.

I take it back, to the extent that ya'all will forgive me.

Especially ersatzknarf, my direct and sincere apologies to you.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Accepted.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I hate that copy/paste and Share nonsense and never participate in it.

I also hate the people that post something and try to shame you into passing it along, implying you're an uncaring inhumane asshole if you don't play along.

I have about 300 friends and for those that are prolific in such posts I make liberal use of the Unfollow option. I also do the same with those who incessantly post political commentary or videos/pictures of their kids/grandkids.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Foe some reason some people are gullible enough to believe whatever they read online is absolute truth. They never consider taking a few seconds to verify if the source of the information is credible. I use FB as a good resource to keep in touch with friends and share information but I don't pay attention to all the other crap FB exposes us too.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I hate that copy/paste and Share nonsense and never participate in it.

I also hate the people that post something and try to shame you into passing it along, implying you're an uncaring inhumane asshole if you don't play along.

I have about 300 friends and for those that are prolific in such posts I make liberal use of the Unfollow option. I also do the same with those who incessantly post political commentary or videos/pictures of their kids/grandkids.

I thought that was all ANYONE posted on facebook....Of course, that's why I don't go there! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, right about now I wish we could go back to the days when FB was all kids/grandkids!

Now it’s non stop corona this and stay home that. I’m on a local hockey page and since all the rinks are shut down someone posted if anyone wanted to get together in a large unused parking lot for some street hockey. Of course the fun police immediately showed up and said social distancing is still in effect and people that do this are morons and the thread deteriorated rapidly into name calling and insults.

And if you really want your hide chapped what about the people that are complaining about the protests going on? If I see another posting of that card that says protesters forfeit their right to medical treatment if they get covid I’m gonna pull a Wayne Brady and choke a bitch.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:
Man, right about now I wish we could go back to the days when FB was all kids/grandkids!

Now it’s non stop corona this and stay home that. I’m on a local hockey page and since all the rinks are shut down someone posted if anyone wanted to get together in a large unused parking lot for some street hockey. Of course the fun police immediately showed up and said social distancing is still in effect and people that do this are morons and the thread deteriorated rapidly into name calling and insults.

And if you really want your hide chapped what about the people that are complaining about the protests going on? If I see another posting of that card that says protesters forfeit their right to medical treatment if they get covid I’m gonna pull a Wayne Brady and choke a bitch.

Yup lots of sheep out there willing to trade their freedom and yours for the illusion of safety. Lots of people are to stupid to see beyond today's headlines. They don't understand the ramifications of a depression if the economy collapses, they don't understand there may never be an effective vaccine for Coronavirus, all they understand and buy into is fear mongering by the liberal news media.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I just got in trouble on Facebook for calling a friend a Janky ass cracker. I guess cracker is too racially insensitive. Roll Eyes

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post