SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Garbage bags...just aggravating
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garbage bags...just aggravating Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Look, my needs are simple...
....dispense one and only one bag upon demand
....be easy to open as new
....open fully, from top to bottom
....drape well within the garbage can
....attach simply to the rim with moderate tension
....accept any and all stuff without pulling off the rim
....seal simply with tie straps or pull string
....slide free without excessive friction
....maintain integrity when dropped from six feet

That's all I want. I think.

Glad the grass is mowed and bagged.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simplehuman cans and bags are exactly what you're asking for. A little expensive, but well worth it.

In 4 years I've never had a bag slip off the rim of the can, even with the rest of the family playing trash compactor to fit one more piece of garbage in.

Posts: 135 | Location: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: July 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It definitely doesn't pay to go too cheap on trash bags. I got some that are so thin that the edges and corners of boxes would tear them. Fortunately, by supporting them with my other hand underneath and moving fast, I was able to get to the dumpster without them spilling.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cschiel:
Simplehuman cans and bags are exactly what you're asking for. A little expensive, but well worth it.

In 4 years I've never had a bag slip off the rim of the can, even with the rest of the family playing trash compactor to fit one more piece of garbage in.

+1

We have a cheap 1/2 moon shapes CC can and I hated it. Only filled the bag half full. The Simple Human cans are so much better. They are worth the premium.

Back to the OP. The latest batch of Glad Forceflex bags suck. I keep tearing the bags righ below the drawstring when removing the bag from the can. Mad

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5746 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
It definitely doesn't pay to go too cheap on trash bags. I got some that are so thin that the edges and corners of boxes would tear them. Fortunately, by supporting them with my other hand underneath and moving fast, I was able to get to the dumpster without them spilling.

I have a neighbor who buys the cheapest trash bags available, fills them and has his young kids then drag them thru the parking lot to the dumpster.

Of course most of his trash ends up on the parking lot surface.

Does he or his kids gave a damn....NO.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
quote:

+1

We have a cheap 1/2 moon shapes CC can and I hated it. Only filled the bag half full. The Simple Human cans are so much better. They are worth the premium.

Back to the OP. The latest batch of Glad Forceflex bags suck. I keep tearing the bags righ below the drawstring when removing the bag from the can. Mad

+2
for Simplehuman i have 4 in my house https://www.simplehuman.com/

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Look, my needs are simple...
....dispense one and only one bag upon demand
....be easy to open as new
....open fully, from top to bottom
....drape well within the garbage can
....attach simply to the rim with moderate tension
....accept any and all stuff without pulling off the rim
....seal simply with tie straps or pull string
....slide free without excessive friction
....maintain integrity when dropped from six feet

And don't add perfume to my garbage bags!!

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
quote:

+1

My current box does this too. Pisses me off, they have been my go to for a while and I never had this problem before. I figured it was just me, but they must have changed something.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post