SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bad luck with recent gun purchases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad luck with recent gun purchases Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted
So over the past year I have bought a couple of Glocks and some BCM stuff. No apparent issues. I have also purchased some other stuff that had pretty glaring issues. I had a Dan Wesson with a front night sight that didn't glow. I had a PSA lower (detailed elsewhere here) that wouldn't fit on my uppers. I also bought a PWS 9mm PCC that had a barrel nut so loose I could remove it by hand. Sending this stuff back is a huge hassle. Yeah, they may fix it, but you have to find boxes and packing materials, print labels, send a bunch of e-mails, write the RMA where they tell you, wait weeks.

Just a reminder to look your stuff over very well before transferring. You may not be able to catch everything, but you may catch some stuff. It doesn't seem the manufacturers are checking much, even on guns north of the $1000 mark.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
As an 01 FFL I do lots of transfers. I give every gun, even new ones, a once over when I log them in. Glaring issues are reported to my customer prior to the transfer.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
As an 01 FFL I do lots of transfers. I give every gun, even new ones, a once over when I log them in. Glaring issues are reported to my customer prior to the transfer.

ditto,

I deal mostly with estates, and give everything a good once over when bought, and before it is tagged and offered for sale,

folks miss stuff, that is a guarantee, but sounds like the OP got more than his fair share

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I should add these were all purchased new.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That is more than bad luck! Sorry Rob.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LRS2
posted Hide Post
And it doesn't seem to be any one specific manufacturer, either. I don't know if it's a "rush to market" situation or a "don't give a damn" attitude, but I've seen a few lately myself. Saw a brand new Henry Golden Boy the other day with a front sight at the 11:30 position, kinda like a badly aligned AK. The vise grip marks at the base of the barrel where someone tried to straighten it were the real icing on the cake.

Posts: 43 | Location: KY | Registered: April 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post