SIGforum
Handicap placards

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5740050474

September 04, 2020, 09:26 PM
straightshooter1
Handicap placards
I can't seem to master posting a link. This is the one we bought and part of the description on Amazon. I put Handicap Placard Holder in the search. J L Safety is the seller.

I have mine on my right visor, as does my wife.

Bob

JL Safety Visortag Vertical Mount - The Ideal Way to Protect, Display & Swing Away a Handicap Parking Placard. Best Handicapped Placard Cover and Protector on the Market.
September 05, 2020, 12:24 PM
just1tym
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I can't seem to master posting a link. This is the one we bought and part of the description on Amazon. I put Handicap Placard Holder in the search. J L Safety is the seller.

I have mine on my right visor, as does my wife.

Bob
JL Safety Visortag Vertical Mount - The Ideal Way to Protect, Display & Swing Away a Handicap Parking Placard. Best Handicapped Placard Cover and Protector on the Market.

Hi Bob, and thank you. I checked and I'm guessing that this is the animal that you're posting about?

https://www.amazon.com/JL-Safe...%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-14

It looks very functional. I'll check later today but just thinking I also have another one of those vanity mirrors on the passenger side visor also. It is reasonably priced though and would do the job just fine..that is if my visors allow the space because of those mirrors, I'll check though. It's a Honda Accord and just not a lot of space in the cockpit area in general because of all the design tech features they put into the seating area.

Regards, Will G.
September 05, 2020, 01:04 PM
straightshooter1
Yes, Will, that's it. I have a vanity mirror on both sides, too, and this fits to the left of the one on the right visor.

Bob
September 06, 2020, 11:02 AM
just1tym
Hi Bob. Well I did check the visors and quite honestly it looks to be questionable at this time. In addition to the visor being kinda small and with the space the mirror takes up, I also have those two 1-1/2 square plastic visor holders up at the top of the visor that attach them to the car.

In the past before the pre-installed factory programable garage door opener buttons on the roof console, I had one of those clip-on Genie push button remotes. It was held by just one metal clip to attach it to the visor, now that would work as the space available on the visor is so small. That square metal clip on the JL Safety I'm afraid may take to much space with the mirror and those plastic visor holders.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll look through some of the others listed, as it's a great option.

Regards, Will G.
September 06, 2020, 11:32 AM
just1tym
In further searching on both Ebay and Amazon, now this small metal clip might be just the ticket. Thanks for the suggestion Bob!

https://www.amazon.com/Handica...d=1599409751&sr=8-27

Regards, Will G.
September 07, 2020, 08:32 AM
Crimp
This problem isn't anything new. Remember those big fuzzy dice we hung on the mirror back in the 50s? Smile

--Montani Semper Liberi--