SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Good customer service .Nissan dealer .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good customer service .Nissan dealer . Login/Join 
posted
I started getting a warning message about my key fob battery low . I tried to pop it open to get to the battery but it wasn't happening . Before I broke something , my wife stopped by the local Nissan dealer and the guy in the parts dept popped it open , replaced the battery , and said " No charge . Have a nice day " . Yeah I know , it's a small thing but still ...

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
This is "PITCH YOUR BITCH"

You're doing it wrong FFS

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I've worked at dealerships that do that exact same thing, we had a sheet that we would list items that were given out as goodwill. Things like keys, touch up paint, light bulbs, keyless fob batteries. Of course we had a dollar limit, ten dollars was the maximum that could be charged off.

On a monthly basis we would invoice the parts and divide it up over all the departments, new and used car sales, body shop, service department, parts departments would all be debited.

It was a nice gesture toward our customers, that little giveaway brought us a lot of goodwill in return.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
That’s cool. Had that happen once when I had a spare key made. They gifted it to me. Super kind.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Seems like they don't do that kind of thing at the Toyota place.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I leased my new Charger, I got a free Dodge baseball hat.
Bonus! Big Grin

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is very nice to hear.

I recently fired the local Nissan dealership after 4 new vehicle purchases over the past 15 years. Just got tired of finding their hands in my pockets at every service visit.

Excellent vehicles. Good sales rep. Zero trust in the service department. Time to take my business elsewhere.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I fired two local FCA dealers.

Used the first one for warranty, oil changes and campaigns while both our Jeeps were under warranty. They lost me as just after my 3/36 expired I had a problem come up and they refused to request assistance from the factory. It was rectified at another dealership some distance from home as I had a "ace in the hole" there. Not worth 70 mile round trip for oil changes though.

Constantly was bombarded with "special sales events" and the ilk from them in emails and snail mails. Then they started culling phone numbers from service records. First time I requested to be removed from phone calls, they ignored that. Second one I emailed the General Manger citing my treatment for warranty assistance that was ignored, stating that I had requested to be removed from the call list which was ignored. And that any further calls would be escalated to applicable government agencies. That ended those.

Second dealer, they screwed up three out of four oil changes. Wrangler, they put the wrong oil weight in it on two different occasions, they tried to tell me that it was fine. Both times I told them to show me the TSB that stated that. Ooops, right back into the shop it went for another change. And as a last P.S., when they did the passenger airbag recall the tech left a witness mark in the dash side panel. Not a big deal enough to say something about but with the problems it was the icing on the cake.

The other Jeep, last oil change had a seeping oil filter. Took it back,they denied there was a problem, said the filter was fine.Cleaned the drip and shipped, still seeped. Had it changed at the local Ford (!) dealer subsequently, only place they found any leakage was from the filter. And the day that I took that one back not even an "We're sorry" out of them, just here's your keys, you haven't left yet?

So that ends me going to dealers to the east and west of me, will try the one to the south sometime.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Nice!

Seems like they don't do that kind of thing at the Toyota place.

That’s to bad. Our local Toyota dealership goes out of their way to treat people very well.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I fired two local FCA dealers.

I drive a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk. BTDT, have the t-shirt. It took me going to four FCA dealers (all different ownership) before I found one that was decent. Go figure, they were just bought out by a larger mega dealer and things have already started to go downhill.

Lucky for me, the only reason I went there was warranty work, and FCA just replaced my engine (for my $100 deductible) at 212K miles, so I'm thinking the next thing that goes wrong, they're going to try to buy me out anyway.

Other than reliability (I've had at least $12K in warranty work - including the engine), the FCA dealers would probably be enough for me to never own an FCA product again.

Before this Cherokee, I drove two Altimas and a Sentra - going back probably 20 years now (bought the Sentra new in '99, I believe). Always had an excellent experience with my Nissan shop - both sales and service. Good enough that during that time period, my family also went through another Sentra (my sister), another Altima and two Siennas (mom) and a Frontier, quickly upgraded to a Titan (dad).

Love some Nissan. Just wish they'd bring back the X-Terra and do something about the godawful interior styling - particularly on their trucks.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is nice to hear. Toyota could take a page from this.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post