SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate insurance companies.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate insurance companies. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I hate them. I’ve had nothing but aggravation from insurance companies this year. Open enrollment rolled around and they spent a bunch of time trying to hard sell me this or that add on policy. Seems they couldn’t be bothered to list my children on the policy.

Don’t get me started on car insurance companies.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Home insurance.

I have some leaks in my roof....

Money grubbing ins company:“Oh, now if it’s a maintenance thing we don’t cover that”

Me: “wait just a minute here, hand...if I hadn’t been writing y’all checks to the tune of nearly $2000 every year, I could’ve just told the contractor to replace the roof and paid him direct.”

We pay all these premiums, then spend our money to fix stuff because repairs rarely cover the deductible. Not to mention the premiums seem to go up yearly, claims or not.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate them. I’ve had nothing but aggravation from insurance companies this year. Open enrollment rolled around and they spent a bunch of time trying to hard sell me this or that add on policy. Seems they couldn’t be bothered to list my children on the policy.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I deal with health insurance companies on a frequent basis. I would press the issue. Not having your kids on your policy is a big deal. Good luck.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
This is the time of year my broker (house/auto/mc’s) calls and gives me the bad news. It’s always right before Christmas. Hey sorry your shit is going up, again. Meanwhile I have made no claims. My vehicles are parked in the garage and only one is parked outside and I built a hardcore carport for it. Doesn’t matter, shit is going up. I only use it for 6k miles a year! Doesn’t matter it’s going up. I hate the mother fuckers.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain! I just bought a new Durango. Insurance increase: 300 bucks a year. I expect a small increase in cost for a newer vehicle. But not 300 bucks.
Reason given: Dodges are more expensive to fix than other vehicles. Which I firmly believe is bullshit.
I dumped them and found another carrier. Coverage the same and even cheaper than the insurance on the car I traded in.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I had a tree fall on my house after a huge Ice storm, they worded my deductible in such a way to make me think it was 10 percent of the damage but in fact it was 10 percent of what my property net worth is. the deductible ended up being more then the whole project cost. needless to say I no longer have that insurance company or the scams they provide. The agent just couldn't understand why I was moving on.

insurance is nothing more than organized crime. get in an accident cancelled, have a claim cancelled, any kind of claim instantly puts you in high risk doesn't matter if you have paid your dues for 30 years you are no longer are a free ride to them.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Medical Insurance is the big green eyed monster for us . I'm retired so I lost my medical insurance when I left . No problem , we picked up coverage thru my wife's employer . Fast forward two years . Wife went out on short term disability which eventually evolved into long term . Lost coverage as soon as she went on LTD . Went back to my previous employer and picked up coverage to the tune of $890 / month . And trust me , that's a bargain for what we got . Switching insurance companies was no picnic either . Mad

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I had a tree fall on my house after a huge Ice storm, they worded my deductible in such a way to make me think it was 10 percent of the damage but in fact it was 10 percent of what my property net worth is.

Seems odd for a policy on a house. Might double check the language in the contract. Consider filing a compliant with the insurance commissioner.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I had a tree fall on my house after a huge Ice storm, they worded my deductible in such a way to make me think it was 10 percent of the damage but in fact it was 10 percent of what my property net worth is.

Seems odd for a policy on a house. Might double check the language in the contract. Consider filing a compliant with the insurance commissioner.

Not in some states. For example with State Farm in TX (and all other carriers) options were 1, 2 or 3% of value. May have been higher ones, but 1% was enough!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The high cost of car insurance in Tucson for Seniors is just one reason why I sold the VWTDI a few years ago and haven't replaced it.

Partial full coverage Car insurance with State Farm was $1K a year, vs Motorcycle - $500 a year.

I ride city transit or ride the bike - weather permitting.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Rented a car in September... hail storm one night with car in parking lot... a few dings in the hood if you bent down and got the light just right....

$15,000 dollars in damage according to Hertz....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Insurance is the biggest drain on my monthly fixed income. To keep potential costs down despite increases all the time is that my only recourse is to painfully shop and jump ship. I have an insurance agent that is a friend of my family so he's a good guy and great help. I have no loyalties to any company these days. My agent suggested contacting a friend who is a home insurance inspector that came out and did another home owners inspection who finally managed to get me proper wind discount for my county approved shutters that the previous inspector failed because he couldn't read faded labels on my accordion shutters and said the code stamp on my aluminum shutters wasn't up to date. The new inspector did the research and found out my stamped date codes were in fact up to current standards and I received the full credit discount which amounted to $2,000.

And about auto.. Mad

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The value of my home has gone down.
My coverage hasn't gone up.
Yet, my home owners insurance keeps going up.

They can't explain that other than "Well, everything goes up.

Hmmm... so the nothing I've been paying for all these years, keeps getting more expensive. To continue to get nothing from them, I have to pay even more for it. And if I do ever get anything from them, they'll raise my rates for actually having to finally give me something after paying them for 40 years.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The value of my home has gone down.
My coverage hasn't gone up.
Yet, my home owners insurance keeps going up.

They can't explain that other than "Well, everything goes up.

Hmmm... so the nothing I've been paying for all these years, keeps getting more expensive. To continue to get nothing from them, I have to pay even more for it. And if I do ever get anything from them, they'll raise my rates for actually having to finally give me something after paying them for 40 years.

Bingo!! Additionally I once had to file for a claim with my auto ins for knocking a mirror off my passenger side pulling into the garage during a rain downpour, I had poor visibility on that side. Sure they fixed it. Then cancelled my policy 3 most later. To add insult to injury my new auto insurance charged me higher rates because of a previously filed claim on my record that followed me for 3 yrs Mad

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Farm Bureau hit my grandmother with a 40 percent increase in her automobile insurance premium. She had no accidents, no tickets, no DUIs in her years of driving.

When we inquired about why the drastic increase, they replied that "it was about time" for her to have a collision so the rate had to go up.

I am all about people having to have insurance, but the day that states and the feds mandated people must have it, was the day that we all collectively bent over.

They've got you. They know they've got you. They know that even if you switch providers, they've still got you.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I use an independent agent who shops the market for me to find the best insurance for my needs at the best price. She has saved me thousands of dollars.

I took her to the gun club to shoot for her first time ever. She loved my S&W Model 65 revolver and soon was shooting tight groups from 7 yards. First time out! She wants to do it again, and bring her husband, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
One of the problems is that increasingly, many cars / trucks on the road are $80,000+. Add to this the cost of medical, and you can see why the rates are so high.

I do hate insurance companies, though. After nearly 30 years with Allstate, they suddenly wanted to start inspecting everything. They inspected a house, and gave me a list of items. Did it, then eleven months later, they inspected the same house again. New list, including roof.

I told my agent that when I jump ship, personal life, auto, and homeowners goes first. Those are now moved, and Allstate acted perplexed that a thirty year customer would leave. I listed my complaints, and their response was about how large and successful Allstate was. Wow! I asked if a buch of Sears management had gone with Allstate during the spinoff. The "too big to fail or care" response sure sounds like Sears management.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Insurance is a scam.
Here let me take your money, hold it for you just in case this happens, but sorry it happened on Tuesday, and you only have coverage for Mondays.
oh well, thanks for the free money.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shop homeowners & auto every year now. Seems I can always find something less expensive than the renewal rate the current companies want. It's a pain, but we normally save a few hundred and over $1k one year.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Them:

quote:
they replied that "it was about time" for her to have a collision so the rate had to go up.

Me: It's about that time.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post