SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Drywall Anchors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drywall Anchors Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ok, here's a stupid question. If you use the Togglers, do you hang the picture directly on the toggle or do you still need the old nail and hook?
If so, how do you attach the nail and hook to the toggler? Or does the toggler stick out enough from the wall to hang the picture wire on it instead of being flush with the wall? I'm a newbie with this sort of thing.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Not a stupid question at all. Most of these drywall anchors require you to tighten the screw to work which won't leave any portion of the screw available to hang a wire on. I can't find a picture of one, but there are hangers made with holes in them that you put the drywall anchor screw through and then tighten the screw. These anchors are really for things like towel bars, shelves, toilet paper holders, etc. There are nail based picture hangers that work fine.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
anything with real weight needs to be in a stud or in blocking. Screw a sheet of plywood to your studs and then you can screw anywhere you want into that. Paint the plywood to match drywall or use some stained boards if you want that look.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post