"IN THE HOLE"

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/5700009754

June 16, 2019, 04:53 PM
KMitch200
"IN THE HOLE"
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I understand Gustofer's annoyance with some of the idiots in the crowd, but I have the ability to just blow it off without detracting me from the game.

As a side note, there are few things more satisfying than hitting a perfect golf shot on a difficult hole. 1 shot can make a whole round worthwhile.
Jim

Right there with you. One reason I will ONLY go to the Phx Open on practice/pro am days. Not nearly as many drunks and the pros will talk and joke with you because they haven’t started the ‘days at the office’ yet.

Most announcers though should have a ball gag fitted because they are usually full of shit.
“He’s really looking at that creek short of the green” type crap. Pros don’t do that, hacks do. Pros look at where they are going to put the ball.

Ben Hogan once said he considered it a good round of golf if he hit 3 Perfect shots.
I’ve kept track before while playing and if I hit 3 *perfect* (not good or great but sweet spot angle, length *PERFECT*), it was indeed a good round.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
June 16, 2019, 11:30 PM
XLT
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Watching golf, almost as much fun as I have had watching paint dry.
Agreed, about 1 in 10 tourney's are fun to watch on the last day, but those are rare.

Golf courses are a waste of a perfectly good rifle range! Wink

As has been said a hundred times before. Wink

Ahh, not busting your chops too much, but there are those of us who love the game, sport, challenge,...whatever you want to call it.

There's nothing like it us, and to see this "gentleman's game" ruined by a bunch of redneck jerks is quite frustrating to say the least.

I've played the game for 30+ years and I adore it. I get how some don't. I couldn't give two shits about NASCAR and watching Billy Bob drive around in circles a couple hundred times, so...yeah.

There's just something about golf that those of us who love it get and those who don't don't.

couldn't have said it better.
June 17, 2019, 07:58 AM
Georgeair
Even more embarrassing was one hole yesterday where a little girl was shouting it out, but waiting until after the right-at-impact group had quieted so you could hear her.

Nice job training her to be an idiot early.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

June 17, 2019, 08:27 AM
TMats
Don’t they remove you from Augusta National if you yell out like that?

I didn’t watch very much of the US Open, but agree that it’s aggravating. It strikes me that to be on the course at Pebble Beach on Championship Sunday in the Monterrey area of California, you would about have to have a fair amount of disposable income. These are not people from the trailer park yelling out at these major tournaments.

June 17, 2019, 08:43 AM
squad13
They showed Tiger (because people watch golf to watch tiger, regardless of his leader board position) a lot on Sunday until the last few groups finally teed off. Once the guys that had a shot to win were all on the course we didn't see much of Tiger. Fact is, if Tiger plays they are going to show him any chance they can get for their ratings.
June 17, 2019, 09:05 AM
erj_pilot
I'm disappointed. 2 pages of rant and not one Michael Scott "That's what she said" joke. JSMH..... Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
June 17, 2019, 01:15 PM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I'm disappointed. 2 pages of rant and not one Michael Scott "That's what she said" joke. JSMH..... Big Grin Big Grin

Boom! Said your mom.......! Big Grin

June 17, 2019, 07:29 PM
erj_pilot

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24
June 18, 2019, 01:18 PM
bendable
IN the hole ! in the hole!, in the hole!, in the hole !,
Hole it , hole it , hole it,
HOLE! HOLE! HOLE!

Get in there !
Michael Phelps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k90jhSSf_hI

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
June 18, 2019, 01:43 PM
bald1
Most every type of televised sport has lost me as a viewer. Its either the dumbass commentators, neutered rules, injection of politics, prima donna participants, excessive commercial breaks, or background crap from the galleries that has prompted my rejections.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
June 18, 2019, 03:27 PM
Copefree
I love the “Bobba-Booey’s” Big Grin

June 19, 2019, 03:00 PM
Aquabird
I am with you as well, mostly on the Tiger thing. Heck you would have thought he was leading, the attention he got.

Bowling is getting as bad with the crowd. They chant while the guy is getting ready and rolling the ball now.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
June 20, 2019, 05:22 AM
Sportshooter
Golf is a wonderful game. You have to wonder how one game can combine swearing, frustration, superstition, disappointment, swearing, begging, pleading and swearing. Smile
June 24, 2019, 04:12 PM
LtJL
I watch sports with the sound off. I don't need a bunch of blithering blabbermouthed banderskites pontificating pointlessly
June 25, 2019, 06:36 AM
joel9507
Playing golf, I get.

Watching it.....not so much. The behavior of the spectators has made that worse, agreed.

It is part of the reduction in politeness in society as a whole. Etiquette was the grease that lubricated human interaction. Now, rather than people making the effort to learn what is acceptable behavior in a given situation and acting appropriately, the expected effort is to be made on being accepting ignorant and/or boorish behavior, and pretending it is normal.
June 25, 2019, 04:04 PM
fiasconva
I never will figure out the "Hey, did you hear me on tv when I yelled on the 16th hole?" mentality. Grow up and get a life!

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra
July 02, 2019, 08:32 AM
mttaylor1066
I signed up to be a volunteer at the US Open at Winged Foot next year. They only require you to work 4 hours a day, buy your volunteer shirts and rain jacket in exchange for full week pass and free parking. (The course is only 25 minutes from my house.)

Should I bring a taser for the "Baba booey!" and the "in the hole!" jerks?

My ulterior motive is to get in the good graces of my neighbor, who is a member at Winged Foot. He's never asked me to fill out a foursome yet, the SOB. Razz

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.
July 02, 2019, 08:49 AM
Sailor1911
quote:
Originally posted by mttaylor1066:
I signed up to be a volunteer at the US Open at Winged Foot next year. They only require you to work 4 hours a day, buy your volunteer shirts and rain jacket in exchange for full week pass and free parking. (The course is only 25 minutes from my house.)

Should I bring a taser for the "Baba booey!" and the "in the hole!" jerks?

My ulterior motive is to get in the good graces of my neighbor, who is a member at Winged Foot. He's never asked me to fill out a foursome yet, the SOB. Razz

I did that for the Wichita Open several years ago. I really enjoyed it. I'm sure you will too on that historic track. But, I was annoyed by the noisemakers in the crowd. And, that was well before the current variety of loudmouthed jerks. It's all you can do to keep yourself from whacking them with the "Silence" paddle!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
July 04, 2019, 01:11 PM
NK402
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I watch sports with the sound off. I don't need a bunch of blithering blabbermouthed banderskites pontificating pointlessly

That's the way I watch female tennis to eliminate the shrieking.
July 06, 2019, 11:09 PM
GregY
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:

Nah it's just Chris Collinsworth.