SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I am getting sued by the IRS - again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I am getting sued by the IRS - again Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
Good lord, I had 4 messages on my answering machine today by 1:00 PM that the IRS was calling to tell me I am going to be sued by them. Roll Eyes

I thought they cracked down on these crooks? I guess it must be very lucrative and most likely foreign operated. I am guessing they are wanting a SS number or charge card number.

Anyone ever call them back to mess with them and have any luck to not be bothered by them again?

I can't use one of those blocking devices because I don't have caller ID since ATT wants $8 a month for it. Might finally be the push to get me to cut my land line though dear wife said they left a message on her cell phone too. Maybe I will shut down the answering machine and let calls go to fax machine for a couple days and after that turn off the phone ringers and let messages go directly to answering machine if I am not expecting any legitimate calls.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1910066324

This thread has some suggestions that may apply. The IRS actually did call me last year. It was about the time when they told everyone they would never call. Several days later I received an official letter from the IRS demanding to know why I did not call them. When I called them back they were rude about my not returning their call promptly.

Consider yourself lucky it was a scam, you do not want the IRS auditing you even if you have done nothing wrong.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
When we dropped our landline, I threw away our cordless phones and the base, which was our answering machine. I was sad, because I saved a dozen or so calls from the IRS.

Yes, I did call them back and screw with them.

Bad accent and even worse grammar.

I have not heard from them, since we ditched the landline.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

AT&T now charges for Caller ID? What a rip off. I always got it free with Qwest (and before that Verizon), going back 12 or so years ago when we still had a land line.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Anyone ever call them back to mess with them and have any luck to not be bothered by them again?

A guy in Colorado messed with them and they "swatted" him. Called the police with some crazy story and the police surrounded the house with bullhorns-a-blazing.

I don't blame the police, but wouldn't you think it was strange getting a call from a person with a very heavy accent calling about something dire?

Anyway, I messed with one of those credit card guys before. Was a black guy, calling to offer me a credit card. I acted like I was interested then gave him 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. After a few quips, he said "Well, the guy that lives there has the black card, that's all he needs." I LOL'd but shortly hung up. They don't call me anymore.

I have, however, had microsoft call me, wanted to "fix your computer, ok?". LOL

James

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just give them your ex-wife's social security number.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post