SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    8 year old girls and sleepovers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

8 year old girls and sleepovers Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Currently on round 3 of post-bedtime "I want myyyy mommmmmmmy".

Chongo has a lot of patience for an incredible amount of shit, but not whiny 8 year olds. Especially after getting about 6 hours sleep in the last 3 days/nights.

Thankfully my wife was the creator of this invitation and as such, has accepted responsibility for dealing with said whiner.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Round 4 Roll Eyes

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Close their door, and your door. Problem solved.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Sorry man but your misery that made me laugh.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"Hey, who wants to play "let's go to jail because I'm a whiner" tonight?"

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I want myyyy mommmmmmmy".

"So do I. But she was consumed by the dark shadows. The more I call for her, the closer the dark shadows come to me."

Maybe there was a reason I couldn't keep a babysitters job.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
My daughter had one friend who would do that, so as soon as she started it I would say, "Okay, go get in the car."
My kids didn't whine, so I was not about to listen to other kids do it.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Must have been a Round 5 after I went to sleep.

Woke up and just checked on everyone, whiner and all her stuff is gone. I knew her dad had been summoned before I laid down, but my wife canceled him when I reported she was asleep.

Guess my wife found her limit lol

-JALLEN

Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
[URL=https://imgur.com/ubHcLAz[/URL]

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
Posting Error

Posts: 640 | Location: Johnstown, PA | Registered: February 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
Another Posting Error

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
That I don't miss.

Also never, ever let it be three or five girls total. No idea why, but that always seemed to lead to brawls instead of the peaceful even numbers. No idea why, but it's a natural fact.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rover88:

FIFY Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh oh - CHONGO!!!

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rover88
posted Hide Post
Thank you, nhracecraft.

posted Hide Post
As the father of a (now 18 y/o) girl I can tell you that it will not get better...

The next phase is when the whiner shifts from "I want my mommy" to coming out every 5 minutes to squeal on someone that wont share/play/pacify to their liking.

That stage is replaced in early tween/teens years with up all night listening to shitty music and giggling in young girl pitch that could wake the dead.

The last and final stage ends with you sleeping with one eye open and hand on a gun in fear of boys sneaking in or them sneaking out.

Good luck

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
As the father of a (now 18 y/o) girl I can tell you that it will not get better...

The next phase is when the whiner shifts from "I want my mommy" to coming out every 5 minutes to squeal on someone that wont share/play/pacify to their liking.

That stage is replaced in early tween/teens years with up all night listening to shitty music and giggling in young girl pitch that could wake the dead.

The last and final stage ends with you sleeping with one eye open and hand on a gun in fear of boys sneaking in or them sneaking out.

Good luck

And then your daughters (I had two) are in college and have a sleep over with 8 - 10 of their best college girl friends.

Sounds like a wonderful sight (and it was) but goddamn if it wasn't a pain in the ass!!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:
quote:
"I want myyyy mommmmmmmy".

"So do I. But she was consumed by the dark shadows. The more I call for her, the closer the dark shadows come to me."

Maybe there was a reason I couldn't keep a babysitters job.

Now this made ME laugh. Geez.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Winter time in late 70's in Pennsylvania and I had to do minor repair work on my car one evening. An attached heated garage was nice and my GF at the time had one, so I drove the car in and tore into the motor.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered GF's 15 year old daughter had a "sleep Over" with several of her friends.

More than a few, wearing sheer nightees would pop into the garage to watch me work.

I had to beg my GF to chase them out and lock the door.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Hey.

Could you guys not post threads that make you sound like sex offenders?

It would make our job easier.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post