SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ah, tooth pain. We meet again.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ah, tooth pain. We meet again. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was bad enough that the surgeon wanted to remove his jaw and rebuild it with bone taken from other parts of his body. The operation would have taken 18 hours. His cardiologist said no way because the operation would kill him. Instead they pulled the remaining teeth on the affected lower jaw and then took the entire top of the jaw off. The surgeon said he could actually ladle the infection out like it was soup. He was in the hospital for weeks on intravenous antibiotics. He was then sent to rehab and finally back home. His daughter told me they can still see bone when looking in his mouth.

Any tooth related pain needs immediate follow up due to what infection can do the bone and the possibility of getting into the blood.

^^^^^^^^
Any video??? That was a pretty rough story for first thing in the morning.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No video, but the image is seared in my brain.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
After the root canal I'm right as rain. Well, except for my wallet. That's going to be sore for a few months.

If it starts bothering me again at this point I'm off to the oral surgeon.

I'm just annoyed that it boiled down to a root canal (again). On the bright side (if you can call it that) I remember why I hate cinnamon (tastes like burning tooth).

Mas, I wish your uncle and the rest of the family the best. That's rough.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post